Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm just a scrub and I've never been ANYTHING other than a scrub with King specifically, but King's df1,2 has always been good, his sobat is killer and I like his kicks in general for the neutral game. King's hopkick is another move I see even pro players using in neutral.

Not that one low kick khambo that all the King scrubs spam, though. That shit's gonna get low parried and punished for a full combo. The one where he kicks low, low low? Yeah, never do the full combo on that one.

I decided to grab Tekken 6 for my PSP. You can install it, which apparently nearly eliminates loading times. That was my big problem with the portable version of Tekken 5. I'm also pumped to play some Leo in a 1vs1 Tekken game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Yeah, the Alley Kick. It's great for bitches thinking it's a good idea to remain on the ground that are too far away to grab.
I've been fooling around some more and almost all of his punch strings are really good. b2,1 is 13 frames, f2,1 goes a good bit forward is quick and knocks down.
My practice has paid off so far. I get my basic bitch combo in even if I juggle by accident. King is tons of fun in 7 and the only true grapler so far.
I'll check out Miguel a little bit. He looks cool and I like hard-hitting guys with a mean attitude.

Focusattack.com has restocked those fucking connector cables for K sticks to connect to J 5-pin. I've had a Crown lever sitting here for a whole week and generally levers are no problem to get but the damn cable is constantly sold out everywhere. 15$ with shipping for a four dollarino cable. FML.
I'll have to drill the hole on my Razer Atrox larger for it to fit but I think it will be worth it. Jap levers are sub-optimal, especially if one wants to play Mishimas. The diagonals are either hard to hit from neutral with an octagonal gate or catch the stick too much on square gates. Round gates are the most vile trash there is.
I've been fooling around with the Crown stick and it feels great! Can't wait for the fucking cable to arrive and install it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:46 pm

What are some good fighting for a scrub that wants to improve at that genre?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:23 pm
Yeah, the Alley Kick. It's great for bitches thinking it's a good idea to remain on the ground that are too far away to grab.
I've been fooling around some more and almost all of his punch strings are really good. b2,1 is 13 frames, f2,1 goes a good bit forward is quick and knocks down.
My practice has paid off so far. I get my basic bitch combo in even if I juggle by accident. King is tons of fun in 7 and the only true grappler so far.
I'll check out Miguel a little bit. He looks cool and I like hard-hitting guys with a mean attitude.
Miguel is cool. I tried to pick him up in TTT2 but never could figure him out. BTW DSP's King is so fucking bad, mane. All he does is spam that 3-hit low kick I was talking about, frankensteiner or one of King's flipover kicks. I'm shocked that he managed to get away unpunished on that 3-hit low khambo. He just kept throwing that shit out from neutral.

I'll be real that the only reason I know anything at all about how King plays is he's super fucking fun to play. In every Tekken game. He'll never be a main for me, but he's dope as fuck. Tekken needs more grapplers btw, or grappler hybrids. Mishimas can ground and pound, but that's not the same. Drag has a few throws, but he's not a full grappler IMO either. I'd like to see more clinch grapplers who can go into their grapple stance from standing. Shame about Tekken 7 removing manly men like Bruce and Raven in favor of gravure models and pedobait.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:04 am

I've seen his King. In the super low ranks you can get away with spamming alley kicks because they don't know how to block low or punish it. Frankensteiner is YOLO as hell. Easily King's worst throw. Getting in the air voluntarily in Tekken is a bad idea unless you're Akuma.

I never liked Raven. I find Master Raven a lot cooler. There's wild speculation about the upcoming guest characters. Geese and Goku are the top rumors. VF characters are also very likely.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:08 am

I'd much rather have VF characters. I'm tempted to get fucking DoA5 just so I can play more Virtua Fighter shit. I have VF5, but it's just the bare-bones arcade release. Don't feel like paying for it twice.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:24 am

Charlar wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:46 pm
What are some good fighting for a scrub that wants to improve at that genre?
Cheatbox, according to the fgc. Also depends on the game you want to play, street fighter seems better on pad, tekken seems better with stick, at least what I observe while watching tournaments.

As far as fighting games tekken is king right now, ggxx just came out and those are fun too, injustass seems super easy at a technical level, street fighter 5 if you have 10 hours a day to grind to try and win money, because that's the only reason people play it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 am

I would absolutely advise a complete newcomer to try out a hitbox. Looked at it sober, it's just plain the most superior controller for fighting games.
I'll have to totally disagree about 2D being better on pad and Tekken better with a stick. Stick is most certainly better for any 2D fighting game. While Tekken is being played very often on pad at even the highest level, something you don't see in 2D fighters.

The games that are new and thus have an active scene and are good are Tekken 7 and GG. I would not recommend SFV to anyone or It'sjustass 2 to a beginner, unless you love getting shot at with no clue on how to get in.
If you're in it for the journey and you love learning new techniques and are willing to put in the hours, go with Tekken 7. Try out Tekken 5DR first via emulation to see if you even like Tekken.
For 2D GG is currently kingshit but it's pretty complicated. If you don't want to play other people right away I'd recommend Garou, Third Strike, SF Alpha series, or even SFIV. Hell, SFIV, despite being a terrible game in my opinion, is a perfect training ground. You'll find more information about it's game systems than any other fightan gaem and you'll have stuff to learn ranging from super easy to super hard.

If you're looking for a fantastic single player experience, get Dolphin and play Soul Calibur 2. It's just fantastic and even has netplay if you want to play against somebody else. One of the absolute greatest fighting games ever made without question.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:27 am

I'm a pad player. Just how I play. What you use to play fighting games is up to you. I've seen stick players and pad players at tournaments.

Good fighting games for a newbie? Tekken 7, Tekken 5 DR, Soul Calibur II, Street Fighter Alpha 3 or maybe Virtua Fighter 5. 2D fighters are almost always less complex than 3D, and Alpha 3 is a very easy-to-understand game. You don't have to worry about dashing, short hops or the more complex spacing tools. There's no instant airdashes or any of that animu fighting game shit. No tag team shit either.

Tekken 5 DR/Tekken 7 is good too, because it's a 1vs1 3D fighter. Tag 2 had all these extra systems and new players had to jump in and learn 2 characters right away in order to play. Virtua Fighter 5 IS ridiculously complex, but the controls are and have always been very, very simple. It's easy for beginners to jump in, learn a few things and have fun.

Dead or Alive 3 is a personal recommendation from me. It's very easy to play and quite flashy. Most moves chain logically and you don't really need to memorize anything. Throws have their own dedicated button and you can do your counter pretty easily too.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:53 am

Good call on soul caliber, those games are great for the amount of time you can waste doing the quest modes alone, and you can hit Y,Y,Y for most characters and get by decently enough until you get better.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]