Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Poonoo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm
Because Dimps is lead by the utterly inept Ono that would've been fired from any reasonable studio long ago.
And yet when you bring him up the capcucks will say "BUT HE BROUGHT IT BACK. THERE WOULD BE NO FGC WITHOUT HIM" which is a terrible excuse. It's like staying with your abusive parents because they were good to you until you were 5 years old, he is clearly shit at this and SF4 only did well because it's art style stood out at the time and it's presentation was modernised (which fighting games needed to do since they were stuck in 1998 presentation wise. Only Tekken looked modern).

And while the presentation is good, I think people are over the art style with the stupidly big hands and feet. Ono should stay the hell away from the gameplay side of things and just handle the presentation, that way capcucks won't cry about their hero dying and the gameplay won't be garbage.

Though I think eSports is having a big effect on SFV from the higher ups, they have intentionally closed the gap between skilled and unskilled players so plenty of newer people win tournaments rather than the same guys winning all the time, and on that regard it has worked if you look at recent results. Though publicly the excuse is "they want to make sure everyone can enjoy it at a high level" like some fucking Extra credits video.

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

I just gotta ask - what do ya'll niggers think about Tekken 4?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 am

I can't remember if I've played it. I think I do. Was it the one with the weird game mode where you walk around as Jin like in a shit action adventure? If so: "meh".
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 pm
SF4 only did well because it's art style stood out at the time and it's presentation was modernised.
In other words: Marketing. That's all it ever had going for it. "Sutorito Faita is back!" Hype hype hype, pay journos to hype and get all those faggots on the SF train. Crapcom poured money into pots like there's no tomorrow.
The game was shit. A massive pile of shit and ugly as sin as well. The whole ink style was never done well. Promotion sold the game, massive pots kept it around.

Anyone who actually believes fightan gaems wouldn't have come back eventually is a bona fide moron. SF had the brand name and Capcom the money to make a shit game work for tournaments. Only 09ers actually ever liked the shit game.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 am
I can't remember if I've played it. I think I do. Was it the one with the weird game mode where you walk around as Jin like in a shit action adventure? If so: "meh".
I think you're thinking of "The Devil Within" from Tekken 5. Unless you mean Tekken Force, which was in 3 and 4.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm
I just gotta ask - what do ya'll niggers think about Tekken 4?
A decent experiment that was necessary for the future of the franchise. It did some things right like adding wall damage for pressure and I am pretty sure it added actual sidewalking from Soul Calibur since I think 3 only had stepping. Also my main Steve got his start in the series 8-) .

The problem is at high levels it was shit. The levels themselves are fun in casual play when you knock people into destructible parts of the environment, but in higher play it caused issues. With some parts of the stage not being level and some having roofs caused some infinite loops and players deliberately moving to have the high ground like that Star Wars maymay. Also, the game played a lot slower than the older Tekkens.

It took itself way more seriously tone and story wise, which I personally didn't mind but a lot of others did since Tekken 3 was more light hearted and fun.
Old Black Man wrote:
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 am

I loved tekken 4 back in the day as a casual normie, but I was also like 16 at the time. It was the last tekken game I played.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:49 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:49 am
Crapcom poured money into pots like there's no tomorrow.
They still are, look at the Capcom Cup pots compared to EVO, it's over fucking triple the amount despite EVO having a higher profile. And look at the winners, Tokido earned $35,000 for winning EVO, but MenaRD got $250,000 for winning Capcom Cup. Tokido got $15,000 more for finishing second at Capcom Cup than winning fucking EVO:

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournam ... o-2017-sfv

https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournam ... m-cup-2017

They are desperate to get SF5 off the ground as an eSport, it's fucking sad that they are doing every dirty trick in the book to fuck with the game to make it more watchable as an eSport rather than being fun to play. Most other SF5 pots went down last year from 2016 too, except Capcom Cup.
Old Black Man wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 am

That's why SFV even has a player base still. Capcom dumped massive money into SF after SFV launched. The money was good in SFIV era but it's crazy big now because they NEED the fgc shilling their game.

The pros all talk about how they'd rather not play SFV compared to previous games, but the money is good so there you go.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 am
That's why SFV even has a player base still. Capcom dumped massive money into SF after SFV launched. The money was good in SFIV era but it's crazy big now because they NEED the fgc shilling their game.

The pros all talk about how they'd rather not play SFV compared to previous games, but the money is good so there you go.
https://www.esportsearnings.com/games

This list shows total prize money given out for a game in it's lifetime. Look at SF5, nearly $1.9 million total over about 2 years. Ultra SF4 has $738K and Super SF4 AE has only $343K in their total lifetime. Super came out in 2011 so for 5 years there was just over a million bucks in prize money, while in SF5 they have nearly doubled that in 2 years. Also, Super had 202 tournaments, Ultra had 213, while SF5 only has 91. Keep in mind that Ultra was only released in 2014 so it's fairly recent, and $250k of that $738k was from Capcom Cup 2015 alone.

The only thing more forced is fucking Overwatch. 10th biggest eSport of all time in terms of prize money in less than 2 years. Fuck right off.

I know that eSports have grown recently so prize money will go up, but this is ridiculous, especially when you consider that EVO prize money for SF5 decreased in 2017.
Old Black Man wrote:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 am

ESports were a mistake
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes