Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:17 pm

And here I am, having only played SC3. Thankfully hasn't deleted any saves.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 am
The games that are new and thus have an active scene and are good are Tekken 7 and GG. I would not recommend SFV to anyone or It'sjustass 2 to a beginner, unless you love getting shot at with no clue on how to get in.
If you're in it for the journey and you love learning new techniques and are willing to put in the hours, go with Tekken 7. Try out Tekken 5DR first via emulation to see if you even like Tekken.
For 2D GG is currently kingshit but it's pretty complicated. If you don't want to play other people right away I'd recommend Garou, Third Strike, SF Alpha series, or even SFIV. Hell, SFIV, despite being a terrible game in my opinion, is a perfect training ground. You'll find more information about it's game systems than any other fightan gaem and you'll have stuff to learn ranging from super easy to super hard.
GG is probably the most newbie-friendly thanks to the extensive tutorial. Tekken 7 only really has some popups during loading screens, which kinda surprised me considering the similar Virtua Fighter series already had that stuff in the PS2 era.

(It's probably because I rarely play 3D fighters, but I was kinda freaking out in practice mode before I remembered that these fighting games had different attacks for when you're standing up)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

GGs tutorial is pretty good and should stand as an example on what to do for all devs. But I wouldn't call it a simple game. All the dashing and canceling is a bit much to start off.
And you should absolutely play SC2 right now! Look how crispy fresh and sharp this shit looks emulated!
http://i.imgur.com/LFPzcVo.jpg
Rendered at high res and it runs at rock solid 60 FPS without any dips ever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Soul Calibur II also has an HD version for more modern consoles. No Link, but you get Heihachi. Spawn isn't worth speaking of.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:47 pm

BTW one of the Vault Boy Tekken 7 Salt videos (I think it's part 2) has DSP getting chain grabbed for 50%+ life by a King player. He's playing Lili, so that will narrow down your search.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:35 pm

That's child's play. His highest damage grab chain does 126 HP and a RDC does 110. 180 is max HP. I'll go check it out, though. I bet he was really annoyed and "couldn't do anything".
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Stupid input lag, I tell ya.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm
GGs tutorial is pretty good and should stand as an example on what to do for all devs. But I wouldn't call it a simple game. All the dashing and canceling is a bit much to start off.
And you should absolutely play SC2 right now! Look how crispy fresh and sharp this shit looks emulated!
http://i.imgur.com/LFPzcVo.jpg
Rendered at high res and it runs at rock solid 60 FPS without any dips ever.
The stuff you can do with emulators makes me pine for an alternate history where developers figured that crisper graphics at 60 fps are more desirable than muddy textures and blooming the shit out of everything.

(Oh, also motion blur. Fuck me, I've seen games that are downright unplayable with it on.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:35 pm
That's child's play. His highest damage grab chain does 126 HP and a RDC does 110. 180 is max HP. I'll go check it out, though. I bet he was really annoyed and "couldn't do anything".
Yeah, he said he didn't know how to throw escape it. He said that shit like it wasn't his own fault. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:23 pm

I've seen that part now. He doesn't even attempt it. Throw escapes are 1, 2 or 1+2. Just mash that shit and hope for an escape at the very least. You can't just do nothing! I still suck shit but the moment I'd get a notion that you can't tech throws I'll do nothing but practice my chain throws on you.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm

You seen his King yet? It's the ultimate scrub King. He knows Shining Wizard, frankensteiner, that 3 hit low kick khambo and sometimes he'll do one of the basic kicks, like a Sobat or something. That's all. Fuck's sake, he never even bothered to learn Giant Swing.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 pm

Do you want him to attempt it? He'd get a piledriver all the time. I can only imagine the amount of fake laughs that would trigger along with boolshit duuude wooooow.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!