Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Why bring something back from their golden era? They now have Dimps to fuck everything up with mega retard Ono in the lead. I swear the guy must give the most amazing blowjobs. I can't imagine how the dipshit wasn't fired yet for any other reason.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Probably has pictures of his bosses hugging their waifu pillows.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I never really liked BlazBlue, i have friends that absolutely love the game (so i have played pretty much every version except the very first one) but vastly prefer playing Guilty Gear... i guess im much more of an aggressive player and like a faster kinda game, GG indulges me. I also like Persona Arena... loved the mechanics on that game and it feels fast enough for me.

Same with my love for KOF, which is also pretty fast and aggressive.

Of course, it doesnt hurt that i love the design of the characters on those games too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Man, I think KoF14 made me realized the fun I was missing with Sie Kensou and Chin Gentsai. My Psycho Soldier arcade run was like the first one where I never had to use my third character (Athena). These two are fucking relentless.

(Also a bit unfortunate that Sie doesn't have his more serious KoF13 outfit as some alternate costume, even if that one basically looks like a whole different character.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm

I got a fighting game story...

Back when I was in highschool, I knew a guy named Robert. Robert loved boxing games. He was also competitive as fuck, to the point that if you played SF with him he'd make up arbitrary rules like no fireball and no throw.

Anyways. Robert one day challenged me to a boxing video game of some sort... I think it was ready to rumble....

I found the Jab button and kept pressing it. I won. Now as much as I'd love to claim I have a fast thumb twitch, I really don't. Those rapid press sections of games usually kill me. But in boxing games, for some reason, my jabs totally overwhelmed Robert.

He would take two weeks off school to master a game, challenge me again. Jab jab jab, I win without playing it before.

And it kept happening for six months. He'd buy a boxing game like rocky or fight night, skip school for a week or two, challenge me, I find the jab button and beat him. He'd then sell the game.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Robert = DSP twin, separated at birth?

And I hate button mash moves, at least in SNK ports where they're almost always ridiculously hard to pull off.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:54 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm
He was also competitive as fuck, to the point that if you played SF with him he'd make up arbitrary rules like no fireball and no throw.
So he was a massive scrub is what you're saying. Doesn't surprise me that he couldn't deal with jabs then. If you can't deal with something, you learn how to, not make up some e-bushido that forbids it. It's the typical scrub story. They all lose to no-brainer tactics and never adapt but instead complain how it's supposedly not them who suck shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:01 am

DSP is the world's biggest scrub. His twitter has been hilarious lately. He's been going off on people and comparing himself to the Michael Jordan of fighting games. People tell him to get better at street fighter and stop crying, and he responds that he CAN'T get better at street fighter because he's already a pro-level player! He's already the best, guiz! He cries about lag and input delay, I mean shit, I saw him crying about input delay in an OFFLINE FIGHT against the computer in SF4! :D

He said that Crash 3 was dropping his inputs because he was playing on a wireless controller.

The difference between a scrub and a beginner is the beginner can improve and recognize fault. Scrubs only know one thing and if that one thing fails, they cry foul.

I'm not crazy about how fireball-heavy street fighter is compared to other fightan games, but that's more of a personal preference with how fireballs in those games are designed. At least they're not that hard to deal with in the Alpha series (which is mostly what I play.) I think SNK balanced fireballs a little better by introducing ground-traveling sparks and other variations on the fireball game, like Ryo having a shockwave instead of fullscreen hadouken. When you look at games like SFIV, it's very obvious Capcom has taken some lessons from SNK fighters, as a lot of the fireballs don't go fullscreen anymore.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Man have you seen injustass? That's all that game does is fireballs. They also finally nerfed aquachip after that embarrassing grand finals.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Lel.

MK9 was pretty bad with fireballs too. Tournament viable tier list was something like: Kabal, Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Cyrax, Kung Lao. Legit, that's about it. :D

Injustice just looks worse every time I see it. That hot zoner vs zoner action.

I don't know why, but I've been playing Ultra Street Fighter IV. :| Playing Juri, Rose, Poison and Ibuki mostly. FADC is so fucking stupid and I do not at all care for the way the combo system works. Tekken seems like child's play compared to these bullshit 1 and 2-frame links.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome