Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Got Tekken 6 PSP today. What a fun game. Ghost mode is just perfect. No load times once installed and you're constantly just playing playing playing. Round after round after round. So much fun. Tekken 5 DR had some annoying load times and lacked Leo.

Played a fair amount of Feng, some Leo, some King (I'm scrubbier with him than I remembered) and a LOT of Dragunov. Dragunov's fighting style is extremely enjoyable for me. He's kind of that hybrid grappler you sometimes see in fighting games, like Alex and R. Mika. Not quite as much of a grappler as King, but he still has strikes that hit confirm into grabs and shit like that.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 pm

I don't care for Dragunov. I don't like his character design at all and he's played by obnoxiously many people right now. I'll rather not be just another Drag. His fighting style looks a little bland as well. There's nothing in his move list that I thought was really cool or clever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 am

People are probably playing him now because the Tekken 7 meta is he's supposedly S Tier or some shit. He was never S-Tier in Tekken 5, Tekken 6 or TTT2. He was usually on the low end of A, or maybe B+. He reminds me a lot of my other "main" outside of Leo, which is Feng, except he doesn't have the massive movelist or stance bullshit that Feng has. Feng and Drag don't have any of "those" moves that are just so amazing you play those characters to use those moves. Like, Mishimas have electric uppercuts that kick fucking ass. Lili has flip bullshit. Lars has all kinds of stupid crap. King has chain throws. Drag doesn't have anything like that. He has long reach and a lot of very basic tools, mixed in with some combos that link into throws. One of his better moves is while running 2. He didn't have a hopkick in any of the previous Tekken games-no idea if he has a hopkick in Tekken 7.

Give Tekken 7 some time to sit. Right now it's red-hot new. People will figure out where the tiers are at and lifelong scrubs (the kind who don't want to get better) will either migrate to newer games or pick other characters who get even easier wins.

You still practicing King btw? Or have you moved on to any other characters?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:31 pm

I've settled for King and Miguel for now. I'll go back to the Mishimas eventually when I finally get the sodding cable and can install the K lever. Wavedashing is a massive pain in the ass on the left side with a J stick because it doesn't return quite fast enough, nor does it offer any resistance from switch activation until you hit the gate.

The last two days I've spent mostly with Miguel. He has some amazing pokes and savage stance gives you another almost full move set. Quite nifty.
King is overall just rock solid. Both characters are similar in the way that they have something special that opens a whole new world of possibilities. King has grabs of course, Miguel has Savage stance. You can play both completely without those things and still have a very solid character. You just get way more mixups and possibilities with them.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 pm

I like Miguel, but as I said, I never learned him. He's cool, but his moves never felt "right" for me. Certain characters have moves that just feel "right" if I can explain it that way, like Kazuya's punishers, Dragunov's running 2, down 2, rising 4, down 4 4, forward 3 3, Leo's forward forward 2, Feng's shoulder... Certain moves just feel good to do. King has a lot of those as well. Every time I hit someone with a Sobat, that shit feels great.

With Miguel, I feel like I'm flailing around with no purpose.

Definitely feeling Dragunov the strongest at the moment. I've been thinking of playing around with Nina too. She has some interesting moves that remind me of some of Drag's shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 pm

Miguel's f1+2 (the shove), savage stance 2 and down back 1 and 2 spring to mind. He's mostly a harasser. You pretty much don't stop poking, abuse every little bit of frame advantage and sometimes use his massive backdash to force a whiff.
df 1 has several extensions and can end in savage from which you can use his other stuff without them even getting to see you switched stance. He's got loads and loads of really annoying lows. Punishes are short and sweet and hurt a lot.

Oh and his unblockable that almost kills in one hit? You can just do the walk up animation with him laughing. You still block during it. Super awesome dick move.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:40 pm

As far as I can tell, Paul is DSP's best character. All he knows how to do is spam the phoenix smasher.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 am

Good ol' deadfist. Destroyer of noobs and bane of scrubs. You haven't lived until you've seen a guy land a Rage Drive blue deadfist on a wallsplatted fucker. Shit's so hype it takes off about 50%. Feels like cumming thrice at once.

The current most hilarious DSP videos are SSF2, though. He gets way, way more mad in those ones.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 am
Good ol' deadfist. Destroyer of noobs and bane of scrubs. You haven't lived until you've seen a guy land a Rage Drive blue deadfist on a wallsplatted fucker. Shit's so hype it takes off about 50%. Feels like cumming thrice at once
:lol: :lol:

I used to deathfist in tekken 3 at the arcade so my quarter went the longest, but paul seems super good this game.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:56 am

I'd say he is. The funnest thing about T7 is that every character is broken somehow or at least feels that way. Where SFV went the "make everyone feel shit" route, T7 went the total opposite. You see Pauls deadfist in tournaments like nobodies business because it's safe on block and hype every single time it connects.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!