Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Combos in SF4 feel stiff and awkward. I mostly played Guy, who had one that went through almost all basic attacks and feels very wrong to pull off.
And this whole dash cancelling is like the worst implementation of a Roman-Cancel-esque system I've ever seen. It's too stupid.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:01 am
I'm not crazy about how fireball-heavy street fighter is compared to other fightan games, but that's more of a personal preference with how fireballs in those games are designed. At least they're not that hard to deal with in the Alpha series (which is mostly what I play.) I think SNK balanced fireballs a little better by introducing ground-traveling sparks and other variations on the fireball game, like Ryo having a shockwave instead of fullscreen hadouken. When you look at games like SFIV, it's very obvious Capcom has taken some lessons from SNK fighters, as a lot of the fireballs don't go fullscreen anymore.
KOF with its universal dodge roll also helps a lot in that regard.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Universal dodge roll and running were great. I don't like dashing in SFIV because the normal walk speed is like a snail, your jump is a moon jump (and about as slow) and you often need to spam dashes to get anywhere reasonably quickly.

SFIV, even in high level play, still just looks and feels way too fucking slow. FADC will never be in any other street fighter game and wasn't in any prior to SFIV, so learning it is pointless now that SFIV has been supplanted.

There are things I like about USFIV, but it's mostly just shit like the roster. Even though the roster has a lot of shitty new characters like Rufus, Oni and Decapre, I do like the option to play as Makoto, Ibuki, Rose, Guy, Dudley and Cody all in the same goddamn game.

SFV needs to stop introducing "new" characters aka shitty garbage designs like Abigail and FANG. I think the only new character they've brought to SFV that looks even remotely fun is Laura. Maaaaaaybe Kolin. But then think about all the characters who aren't in SFV yet. No Blanka. No Honda. No Sakura. No Guy. No Cody. No Rose. No Makoto. No Dudley. Juri may as well not be in the game because they ruined her. No Poison. No Gen. No Hawk. No Fei. No twins IIRC. No Adon IIRC.

Then there are the characters from SFIV that should have been tweaked to return with a better design, like Hakan, Viper and Abel. Those characters could have been ok if the designs looked sharper.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm
I do like the option to play as Makoto, Ibuki, Rose, Guy, Dudley and Cody all in the same goddamn game.
You have a fierce case of the shittastes, my man. Of all of them, only Dudley is good. Even suggesting Poison makes me consider that you're just messing with me. That's one of the worst and most repetitive-playing fireball characters ever.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:09 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm
I do like the option to play as Makoto, Ibuki, Rose, Guy, Dudley and Cody all in the same goddamn game.
You have a fierce case of the shittastes, my man. Of all of them, only Dudley is good. Even suggesting Poison makes me consider that you're just messing with me. That's one of the worst and most repetitive-playing fireball characters ever.
I like Makoto and Ibuki a lot because of how they play. Ibuki is very similar to Bang from blazblue. Rose is fun because she's kind of an anti-shoto. She has shoto-like options, but they're mostly shitty. Her fireball is more of a gimmick to pull out against foes who don't have fireballs, or to use to cancel enemy fireballs. I also like her fun unthrowable pokes.

I see what you mean about Poison, though. She is kind of generic.

I like Chun, but I suck ass with charge versions of chunners.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:14 pm

FUCK!

YEAH!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Prepare to be Geese'd.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

2017 is shaping up to be the year of double reppuken.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 pm

And for comparison, SFV added Abigail during that same time period. : DDD

SFV needed fucking Hugo. Hugo is cool. He's more fun than Gief imo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:13 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 pm
And for comparison, SFV added Abigail during that same time period. : DDD

SFV needed fucking Hugo. Hugo is cool. He's more fun than Gief imo.
But they'd ruin Hugo like they did with other returning characters.
Vaguely related, i want to play Street Fighter Alpha games and i can't get my PS3 to work, any sites that has good info on what i can do?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 pm

Do you have PSP? Do you have computer with PSP emulation? You can run Alpha 3 MAX.

SFV also needs Sakura, Makoto, Rose, Q, Cody and Dudley, in addition to Hugo.

I've been playing a lot of Ultra SFIV lately and decided that I kind of like it. It took me until Ultra to really enjoy the game. I think it comes down to a lot of the shit they added, new characters, Ultra Double, Omega mode Chun Li and their faithful translations of Third Strike and Alpha characters.

I think vanilla SFIV was shit, Super was kind of bad, AE2012 was probably mediocre and Ultra is when it finally got "gud." Ish. The game is STILL too slow but at least it's not as slow as it was and Ultra Double reduces Ultra damage in exchange for more utility, which was needed. Red focus is ok and the balance overall in Ultra SF4 is pretty nice considering how many characters are in the game.

It certainly beats the fuck out of SFV if only for shit like invincible DPs, defensive play is actually valid and the roster is big enough that most players can find a character they enjoy.
RAPEMAN wrote: