Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Because they can make a shit SF and still have that shit run for five years easily. Bad Megaman? That shit will just lose money once and they have to come up with something new. Bad SF? That shit can run so long it will eventually make money and they don't have to try and make a game for that entire time.
MonHun is different because that's practically an entirely different Capcom and at this point the MonHun part of Capcom has more to say than Capcom proper.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:05 pm

They probably use a bit of that sweet MonHun money for SF tournament prizes. Imagine how long Capcom would last if the MonHun guys managed to earn their independence.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Most of that money comes from sponsors who hope to sell their shit to scrubs watching the tournaments and thinking it's just them or their gear that prevents them from enjoying the game.
If the MonHun crew would pull a Platinum Games on Capcom they would be fucked. They'd run SFV for as long as they could, fail to release a SFVI and the MonHun guys would buy the rights. Or Nintendo would and make them an inhouse developer if they aren't completely retarded.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Remember that version of SF II where you could throw heat-seeking projectiles non-stop? Man, I hated that fucking game. The local niglets would always show up and just spam sonic booms with Guile until you died, then bark and high five like they just accomplished something.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Rainbow Edition? Haven't heard about it until a year ago from some YT video. We don't have arcades over here.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:50 pm
Injustice 2 is a massive pile of shit. Expect it to be dead right after this year's EVO. It's ugly, the characters are ugly (seriously, they look like cosplayers) and the gameplay is trash.
Tekken 7 will easily take away the biggest chunk from SFV but SFV will not die unless Capcom can't afford to pump up the prize pools anymore.
Seriously, this. Injustice 2 looks like hot garbage. Injustice 1 did too.

And I say this as someone who LIKES Mortal Kombat 9. But that game still had a bunch of problems, mostly related to netherrealm fighters and balancing. Kabal was toppest of tiers along with Cyrax, Sonya and Kung Lao, and you pretty much only saw them in tourney play.

SFV isn't going to die because it's so tied in with e-sports. Those pro players keep playing the game even though they don't fucking like it. :lol: That's the strongest indictment against SFV. That and INPUT LAG.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:27 am

MKXL is alright. Not exactly my kinda fightan but it's passable. I just never liked the way you put in combos in it but that's neither here nor there.
But Injustice? What a dumpster fire! Did anybody play it after a year of release? It really comes off as something like a Nintendo competition cartridge. Purpose-built just for EVO to then not be ever relevant again. Whoever is hype about that crap isn't to be taken seriously.

Edit: Oh and by the way, check this shit out:
http://i.imgur.com/3sLReYT.png
I know that Tekken 7 is new. Still, not really good numbers for SFV. More people played Tekken 7 at some point on Steam than SFV.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:25 am

That all-time peak is the big number. I mean, no shit more people are going to play tekken 7 right during release, but all-time? SFV should have had bigger numbers at SOME point.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:44 am

That's some quality fuckup they've done with SFV. I think even if they can actually be arsed to include an Arcade Mode and other niceties, the damage has already been done.

Fuck, the only thing stopping me from getting Tekken 7 is my current rig not being up to the minimum requirements. I think I could run it (did something similar with my previous rig all the time), but it's a bit of a risky investment.

(Then again KoF14 is hitting Steam next week, so that's something.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:25 am
That all-time peak is the big number. I mean, no shit more people are going to play tekken 7 right during release, but all-time? SFV should have had bigger numbers at SOME point.
You have to figure thats steam only, ps4 probably had just as much if not more on release with its crossplay.

Tekken 7 is looking really good, the tier lists don't even matter because almost everyone is cheap so you see a lot of diversity. It's still funny seeing eddy and having 6th grade flashbacks of spamming both kick buttons and holding forward.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]