Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 am

Don't forget the spring get up. Every time the Asuka was knocked down he got up with that because it was basically a guaranteed hit on Phil.
That Asuka spammed a sweep that, on block, is punishable by pretty much everything. Phil blocked it maybe two times and not once punished it while getting hit by it about a dozen times. And I'm supposed to believe the guy ever won a tournament at any fightan gaem?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:09 am

Asuka has been in Tekken since forever and the most basic tier of Asuka scrubbing is spamming that sweep. DSP laughs at NEW players on low ranks who can't block low, but he gets hit low constantly.

If all DSP wanted to do was spam a low sweep of his own, he should have picked Bryan or Asuka. Or Law.

He needs to stick with Paul. At least he can scrub up some wins by throwing out random RAUGH punches.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:28 am

Yeah, let's go with Law. Dragon Tail. -36 on block and agonizingly slow to come out. Every character can punish that with absolutely everything. Chose your favourite launcher. I bet I could do nothing but that and beat him.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 am

Darkstalkers Resurrection? Yay or nay?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:45 am

I don't care either way. The only thing from Capcom I care for is MonHun.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't even remember which Darkstalkers game resurrection is. If it's based on DS3, it's good. DS1 is good too though.

Been playing more Tekken, but I'll probably go back to Alpha 3. The computers are getting too strong for my scrub Dragunov to beat. The difficulty slider does nothing when you factor in ranking up. Only thing I can think to do would be delete my save, but fuck that. I don't know why tekken refuses to use the standard vs CPU setup that the majority of Capcom fighting games have. Even the absolutely awful SFIV has vs CPU mode.

Fighting the Tekken CPU is probably making me actively worse, since it always ducks highs.
RAPEMAN wrote:
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 am

Resurrection was a compilation of Darkstalkers 2 and 3 and an upgrade too if i read the info correctly
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm
Been playing more Tekken, but I'll probably go back to Alpha 3. The computers are getting too strong for my scrub Dragunov to beat. The difficulty slider does nothing when you factor in ranking up. Only thing I can think to do would be delete my save, but fuck that. I don't know why tekken refuses to use the standard vs CPU setup that the majority of Capcom fighting games have. Even the absolutely awful SFIV has vs CPU mode.
I'll never understand why AAA fighting game franchises decided to ditch basic modes that have been a genre staple for decades.

And man, hentai Yoshimitsu's dual-wield stance is rad. But then I remembered he already had a fuckton of stances (most of which pretty friggin' weird), so I'll probably wait with that one.

(Beeing a relative 3D fighter n00b, I'll try limit myself to characters who have 1 alternate stance at most for now, or else shit will get too confusing for me.)
Charlar wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 am
Resurrection was a compilation of Darkstalkers 2 and 3 and an upgrade too if i read the info correctly
I guess they probably also did a SFA Anthology thing where you could select the different iterations of each character.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Learn Korean backdashing. Biggest help you could get in the game and applies to all characters. It's actually easier to do on a pad as well.
Backdash->downback->neutral->back->downback->neutral->back and so on. All you really need is cancel one backdash into another one that way and you're good. You can also start right at downback->neutral->back->downback and so forth.
Gets you quickly out of range of lows, still blocks mid and high and you can act immediately out of it.
It's easier to do a quartercircle backwards instead of downback but that won't work with characters that have a sway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:14 am

Juri is super fun in SFIV. That is all.

The rest of the game is still shit tho.
RAPEMAN wrote: