Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Speaking of Final Fight characters: I wonder when they will bring Sodom back. Seeing how they already ruined Birdie by making him a fat fuck, they'd have a field day with someone who is a LITERAL weeabo.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 pm

>Calamity Trigger
Well there's the problem Poonoo. That's the worst one, They improved the gameplay in later games
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 am

Charlar wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 pm
>Calamity Trigger
Well there's the problem Poonoo. That's the worst one, They improved the gameplay in later games
I'm actually curious what changes they made for anyone here who knows. Are they subtle are big ones? I might check out later entries on Steam since while it sounds like I am shitting on the game I am not, it's growing on me and at least on a purely technical level it's better than Guilty Gear.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:22 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:23 pm
Doesn't change the fact Abigail looks like shit and is just another final fight pull. They're really determined to never put Haggar in a street fighter game, aren't they? They'll put Holly Wood in SFV before that.
Well he was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 not that long ago. It's kinda weird he hasn't been playable in a proper Street Fighter game though, considering he's the only one who was actually established to be a former Street Fighter of the Final Fight trio. I figure that they probably think that having him and Zangief around at the same games makes things redundant, but it's not like the Street Fighter series doesn't already have its fair share of derivative characters (Ryu & Ken, Yun & Yang, Urien & Gill, Nash & Guile).

I don't mind Abigail's addition that much, or at least I wouldn't had if it wasn't for the ugly redesign they gave him. Then again, that's more of an issue with Street Fighter V's art style in general.

Personally, I wish they would bring back the Street Fighter 2010 version of Ken.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:30 am

Imo, Capcom's fighting game designers should go back to their roots and re-watch/read bunch of obscure movies and non-kawaii-mangas. I'm pretty sure there are still some hidden gems left (But no JoJo. They ripped off JoJo too much).

phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:16 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 am
Charlar wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 pm
>Calamity Trigger
I'm actually curious what changes they made for anyone here who knows. Are they subtle are big ones? I might check out later entries on Steam since while it sounds like I am shitting on the game I am not, it's growing on me and at least on a purely technical level it's better than Guilty Gear.
Aside from all the new characters, they also added burst IIRC, overdrive and some other things.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Is overdrive that buff move everyone has? I was wondering what was up with that.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Yeah. Overdrive uses less of your burst than an actual burst would, but it has some similar properties and also gives you a buff for a short time and access to a drive ender super move.

For example, Celica's drive gives you health regen. Terumi's IIRC builds meter even faster than normal. Bang's gives you FuRinKaZan movement. I think Litchi gets extra staff shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:15 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 pm
Abigail! What happened to the "all characters in season two will be completely new OC"? What, where the two earlier dipshits somehow badly received? Who would've expected that? :lol:
Completely new characters = never before playable in a Street Fighter.

Abigail's never been playable in any game prior to this.
They specifically stated that they would be completely new from scratch characters. When the shadow silluettes were the only thing known about them people speculated about existing Capcom characters and ones from other companies but that was shot down saying they would be neither.

I'll never stop kicking Capcom's fightan gaem division while they are down. Ever! Fuck them! I want to see all that shit burn. I'd be fine with them going under so that nothing but the MonHun division is left because it's the only good thing Capcom has been releasing for decades.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 am

They could easily avoid introducing stupid characters like Mexican cook or Mika, by using characters from their wrestling game but they didn't.
In their minds, Mexican cook is obviously better designed than characters made by Fist of the North Star's author.