Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fighting Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:39 pm

Honestly, having Xrd turn the dust attack into an "event" that warrants a camera change is a bit weird. Didn't really find it that good because it always has been a bit telegraphed.

Not sure why you lump Elphelt and Ram together. Ram is pretty ridiculous alright, but Elphet is probably wearing more than any other lady in Guilty Gear. Also her weird shooter moves are pretty lulzy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Because Elphelt is a waifu with big tit cleavage who talks like a crazy harem show extra. From what I hear, she's also top tier so get used to seeing everyone pick her for that reason, a la Tekken and Bob. I don't like Kokonoe in Blazblue for similar reasons, except for the big tits obviously.

The camera change on dust attacks is very strange. I already don't like the dust button, and now they've done a thing to it that makes me like it less. Dust attacks are often slow and shitty and few characters in the older GG games had specials that came out of them. Drive is a much better system since it has its own set of command normals as well as a ton of special and super inputs. Binding each character's "gimmick" to a dedicated button is just smart in general.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 pm

BlazBlue: Everyone is Bridget.

(And big tit cleavage in fighting games isn't exactly a new development.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:BlazBlue: Everyone is Bridget.

(And big tit cleavage in fighting games isn't exactly a new development.)
Hell that's all guilty gear is.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Tekken 7 will be out in few months. Betting it'll be shit, though.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Why? It's in the arcades already and looks pretty good.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

The new characters in T7 don't look too great, and I was bummed to hear capos are coming back despite everything.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Get this on PC. Most fighting games are fine on PS4, but fuck me the resolution is absolute dogshit. 720p on Xboner, sub-900p on PS4 and the only way to get 1080p is to pay for that waste of money PS4 Pro which is apparently made for 4K. What a fucking joke.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Kek.

Anyway, I played some OG Darkstalkers 1 today. It holds up really well still, with some beautiful sprite art. I wish the PSP release (Chaos Tower) didn't have broken inputs. There's something off in the PSP game where moves won't come out right. PS1 version works fine though.

I really wish Darkstalkers had gotten a Third Stike/Garou version.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Tekken 7 is baller as fuck by the way. There is one capo, Eddy Gordo. I heard capofags were complaining about him because he was supposedly changed. I don't know, he doesn't seem especially annoying or good.
I'm fine with the roster. Every character I care for is there and the new characters are pretty good, for the most part. I'm not very fond of Lucky Cloe because I loathe her character design. Any bitch that says "nya" needs to be taken to the vet and put down.

Poonoo, the PS4 Pro being for 4k is a marketing gimmick. It can't possibly run anything at 4k natively, only upscale so consolefags can buy a 4k TV without ever actually using it at that resolution. It's not like they understand that. It says 4k on the tin so it must be, right? :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!