Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fighting Games

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 am

Mahvul looks like shit. Haven't seen DBZ at all.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:32 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 am
Mahvul looks like shit. Haven't seen DBZ at all.
It's made by Arc Systems, it looks like it plays and looks like Guilty Gear Xrd with all the DBZ later shit. Game plays fast and cool.

Here's a videos

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 am

I wonder if the Not-Roman Cancels will be called Z Cancels.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Dunno. I hope it plays a bit different to GG. In either case, it doesn't look hardgay like GG does. I've only tried GG for a bit under the two hours Steam allows for refunds and a big part why I found refunding it easy is that I didn't like to look at the characters.
"Only the gameplay matters"-faggots can fuck right off. If I'm going to spend hundreds of hours with a game, especially a fighting game in which you see the same shit all the time, I better like the visuals. Most animu shit looks insufferable, SF has deformed mutants with way too big hands and feet because Ono is a footfag or something, Mahvul is audio-visual cancer of the tippeti toppest variety.

But Dragonball? Hell yeah! Crapcom on suicide watch.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:27 pm

But DBZ never had good waifus. Vanilla DB kinda did, but then Toriyama forgot how to draw her or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:21 pm

You hope it doesn't play like arcsys fighters? Good fucking luck. All their games play generally the same, with some minor differences. I just like Blazblue's gameplay the best (the designs are shit though) because of the wealth of offensive and defensive options that allow for balanced tourney play.

This new DBZ just looks like every other Arcsys fighter. You can look up the JPN-only Hokuto no Ken fightan game made by Arcsys if you want.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:23 pm

The main difference between BB and GG is that everyone in BB is Bridget, what with their special snowflake button. The general flow of combos also feels a bit different, at least to me.

And man, that Gameplay footage looks like some kind of Guilty Tag Tournament.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I like the special snowflake button thing. It allows you to easily check every fighter's "gimmick" (the Drive button is like your v-trigger in SFV for those who aren't weeaboos) so you can see what fighter you might enjoy using.

Giving magnetism to a grappler, for example, was really smart. Grapplers always have the big problem of getting in and at least Tager has the theoretical tools. Sure, he's still "low tier" because he'll always be a slow grappler, but I've seen him dominate in tournaments. Litchi is only high tier because her drive so perfectly combos all her other shit. It gives her range and zoning she would otherwise lack as a rushdown character. When it's done well, the Drive is a lot like the Arcana. It covers a character's faults and gives them options to make them more well-rounded.

The general flow of combos feeling different in BB I agree with as well. That's why I like it better than other arcsys fighters. I see a lot more back and forth and defensive play seems to be rewarded more, in spite of Negative Penalty and all that. It's fairly common to see people in tourneys flawlessly block (aka no chip damage) all of an opponent's combo and then reversal into one of their own for big damage.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:21 pm
You hope it doesn't play like arcsys fighters? Good fucking luck.
Just for some uniqueness. I don't particularly have anything against their fightan gaem systems. I just didn't bother with it since they made me feel like weeaboo trash. I was in fear of a dakimura manifesting in my bed and a box set of Naruto arriving at my door unordered. :lol:

I won't play it competitively anyway so I'll be fine.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:32 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:56 pm
I like the special snowflake button thing. It allows you to easily check every fighter's "gimmick" (the Drive button is like your v-trigger in SFV for those who aren't weeaboos) so you can see what fighter you might enjoy using.
I'm not exactly opposed of special snowflake buttons, either. Bridget was cool.

(Though my main fear is that they'll run out of fun and/or good gimmicks as the roster keeps on expanding.)
-Yours Truly