PUBG

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: PUBG

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 pm
It's basically oldschool deathmatch with autism injected
> Out of touch guest tries to look hip and like he knows what he's talking about...

It's nothing like old school TDM, the reason why it's so popular is because it's a relatively novel and new idea (aka it's replacement of the zombie survival games), that's been presented probably in a best package yet. Which isn't saying much - DayZ simply isn't suitable for it, H1Z1 is a joke, and other attempts seemed meh.

I sure would love to heard about some oldschool arena shooter that involved looting, gearing up and one life.
Guest wrote:
Instead of having a small and reasonable map, it's 10 million times bigger.
Why in seven hells would you want to play PUBG like a TDM game is beyond me, the gunplay isn't the reason people play it... If you want that, Counter strike has you covered, the autism is just about the same. Or you can try Lawbreakers, if you haven't heard about that.

@VoiceOfReasonPast Et tu? The gearing up and traveling part is why people play it over other games, that's what makes it unique. Before DayZ, I don't remember any other multiplayer shooter really working with inventory and loot being shared among competing players - weapons, sure, but switching weapons isn't anything new.

I don't even own the game, but some of you guys sound like Jimmy Kimmel where he struggled to understand why is streaming so much more popular than his shitty show, but that guy is ancient, of course he wouldn't know, he probably thinks the same thing about smartphones, but wouldn't dare to say it out loud.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 pm

>it's a relatively novel and new idea presented probably in a best package yet

For that to work the design choices actually need to start making sense and not contradict each other.

They make this huge empty map but have to make the magic circle of doom to discourage people from camping that turns the map small and you run around always trying to be in the zone and while that is going on you get yourself a gun and sometimes get shot in the back.

Its literally Last Man Standing but on a bigger map and you dont start out with equip right away.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

That circle of doom saves that game from being the most boring piece of shit ever.

I try to watch game attack play it, but I seriously just skip ahead 15 minutes at a time until the good stuff starts happening, so I don't know how people find live streams of that game fun.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 pm
For that to work the design choices actually need to start making sense and not contradict each other.
Hey, if you don't find it appealing, that's fine, but if you're trying to come out and say that it just doesn't work, you're going to lose the discussion (pulling off good ol Spoony here). What I'm seeing is that you would probably make for a shit game designer, if you think the mechanisms in that game don't make sense, but you're able to compare it to something that it has very little in common.

People eat it up, there is a reason the game already sold over 8 million copies on PC, which is absolutely insane, and I don't believe it's that overhyped - hype only gets you so far. Even DayZ didn't get anywhere close to that, it sold about 3 millions I believe.
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 pm
They make this huge empty map but have to make the magic circle of doom to discourage people from camping that turns the map small and you run around always trying to be in the zone and while that is going on you get yourself a gun and sometimes get shot in the back.
You can simplify anything to a point that it will start sounding dumb. You run, jump, shoot and die. Then respawn, and again. Did that tell you anything? As for getting shot and "getting guns", that's called tactics. It's likely that the formula gets expanded in the future, but right now, it's clearly working and people like it. Unlike MOBAs, I don't consider this cancer.
mad bum wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm
I try to watch game attack play it, but I seriously just skip ahead 15 minutes at a time until the good stuff starts happening, so I don't know how people find live streams of that game fun.
I think it's a pretty damn bad game for streaming, but a lot of people would never play it anyways and they just want to see their favourite streamer succeed. At some point, for those big streamers, it's not really about the game, but mainly about how the audience sees the streamer. And a lot of them are pretty competitive, so as long as they're playing a highly competitive shooter, people will watch it I guess.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 pm
People eat it up, there is a reason the game already sold over 8 million copies on PC, which is absolutely insane, and I don't believe it's that overhyped - hype only gets you so far. Even DayZ didn't get anywhere close to that, it sold about 3 millions I believe.
Never underestimate the power of hype.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Guest wrote:
I never got the appeal of these games. It's basically oldschool deathmatch with autism injected. Instead of having a small and reasonable map, it's 10 million times bigger.
You could also roleplay as a tacticool operator operating a top secret tier-1 operation. :lol:
ARMA has the shittest and most unstable engine I've ever seen and the worst controls by far. ARMA fans will tell you it's because it's "realistic". That's because they are idiots. IRL I don't need half an hour to kneel down and I've yet to break my legs from opening a door.

What the fuck even is streamsniping in a game where it's everyone against everyone? What some guy joined the game with the intention to frag the guy? That's the goal of absolutely everyone in that game. Next someone will tell me there's streamsniping in FIFA.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:56 pm

I think stream sniping might be an issue, simply because the game has landmarks, however you'd have to be a cuckson to follow that much autism.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am

If someone decides to stream a game where they can be stream-sniped, that's their own risk. If those streamers have followers that go into so much trouble to find them and stream-snipe them, then they usually make mad cash, so they might as well stuff some of that money in their mouths and be quiet.

It's a DSP-level of excuse anyways, unlike games like DayZ, you don't spend time around the same landmarks and you don't have time to just hunt someone else down, you would have to get pretty lucky for that.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:09 am

Stream sniping is when you repeatedly join someones lobby and its banable. (of course I'm being ironic here :lol: )

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF6Waf3UQAA2VhP.jpg

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:17 am

What a weak argument from the devs. When Summ1t starts streaming CS:GO or MaximilianDude streams some fightan gaem, many people will try to join that lobby over and over again. CrosscounterTV don't do their videos live and still people flock to the lobby with Gooteks' name. Why do they think that is? Here's a novel idea: Might be a fan.

Even if it is a "troll", it's bullshit. Killing another player in a game where that's the goal can't possibly trolling. Doesn't matter if you "single them out" because everyone that sees you will instantly try to kill you, unless it's your buddy you're in TS or Discord in to team up.
You put up "live" (it's a fucking minute behind ffs) footage of your game screen, that's a disadvantage you put out on your own freely. Shit, the night you got stream sniped by that one dude makes for better viewing and likely more donations and viewers than day 2340984 playing your shit game on an uneventful night so what are you complaining about, streamerfags?

It's like a comedian complaining about a heckler to the club owner. Fucking DEAL WITH THE GUY! Make it a night to remember that deviates from your regular program instead of being a whiny bitch!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!