PUBG

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: PUBG

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:17 am
Shit, the night you got stream sniped by that one dude makes for better viewing and likely more donations and viewers than day 2340984 playing your shit game on an uneventful night so what are you complaining about, streamerfags?
This is the thing fags like DSP never understand. He could make so much more money if he openly embraced the trolls and made them part of his whole production. But he can't because his ego won't take it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 am

His ego is the real stream sniper. No matter where he goes, he can't escape his ego catching up on him, ruining every single stream.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 pm

What do you guys think about this?
"We've had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG’s development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game," says Bluehole VP and executive producer Chang Han Kim in a statement. "After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

"We have also noticed that Epic Games references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community and in communications with the press. This was never discussed with us and we don’t feel that it’s right. The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action."

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:42 am

PUBG wasn't even the first game to do this so they can shove that right up their rear ends.
Not excusing Fortnite for basically taking a concept, wholesale, and throwing their own crafting system on top of it (placing buildings and whatnot) instead of thinking of an actual unique game mode but they're fully within their rights to do that.

PUBG just got lucky with getting popular and not being so buggy that it was completely unplayable.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 am

I wonder if PUBG will metastasize into its own genre like DOTA did. I can definitely see others besides Epic Games being really eager after seeing those sales numbers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Fortnight isn't even remotely like PUBG. Plus it's shit and will be a failure anyway.
But really grand of fucks that took DayZ and ripped it off wholesale, removing the zombies (aka the need for AI) and put a circular border around the map.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:51 pm

According to the developer its already its own genre :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/b2nOKZr.png

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 pm

I know the name ain't too unique, but I wonder if Koushun Takami could sue them.

And just naming your "brand new" genre after the source material you ripped off? Why not go for something stupid like "Massive Online Survival Elimination Shooter", or MOSES.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 pm
I know the name ain't too unique, but I wonder if Koushun Takami could sue them.

And just naming your "brand new" genre after the source material you ripped off? Why not go for something stupid like "Massive Online Survival Elimination Shooter", or MOSES.
That might be an improvement since it's less likely to get sued
Last edited by Charlar on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm

These PUBG fags do realize you can't name your genre after a copyrighted IP, right?

Even "metroidvania" is a combination of two IPs and could be argued to be transformative or some shit. Imagine naming all GTA-style games "Godfather Part II" games. That's the equivalent of calling a genre "Battle Royale."

For fuck's sake, they even capitalized it. It's not like they don't know that's a copyrighted IP.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome