Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Retro Games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:27 pm
What's up with all these adult weirdos reviewing cartoons and toys?
They refuse to grow up?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 pm

It's such a shame about berserk, both the game and anime. At the very last scene of season two they have this beautifully 2d drawn out few minutes and it looks fantastic, only for half of it to be covered with credits. It was basically the creators giving the middle finger to any berserk fans after putting up with shitty 3d for two seasons with ps2 graphics.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 pm

The new netflix castlevania thing is like the polar opposite of the new berserk shit. I haven't seen all of it and the story might be garbage, but that animation is amazing. Goes to show what can be done when there's a little fucking effort put into animation.

https://i0.wp.com/i.imgur.com/eeVMGfU.png
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:29 pm

I see the arstyle is a bit closer to Aria of Sorrow than Dawn of Sorrow. More simplified sure, but Kojima's art would probably be a bitch to animate.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 pm

It's beautifully animated in the netflix version. Rather shocking really, as all the other netflix original shit as been fucking horrible.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am

I still haven't watched Netlfix's Castlevania but why did they license Castlevania of all things? I could never figure that one out.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am
I still haven't watched Netlfix's Castlevania but why did they license Castlevania of all things? I could never figure that one out.
They figured it would be cheap seeing how Konami doesn't give a fuck anymore? Or maybe Netflix is just run by Castlevania dorks.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm

No idea why they chose castlevania, but at least netflix finally put some effort into animation on these original animes. It's only 4 episodes too, which IMO is only a positive thing. Bring back the days of 90s OVAs that told short stories with beautiful animation.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:43 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am
It was a project that was greenlit and then shelved about ten years ago
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:13 pm
It's only 4 episodes too, which IMO is only a positive thing. Bring back the days of 90s OVAs that told short stories with beautiful animation.
The 4 episodes are like half the story, at best.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:15 am

>netflix castlevania
It's a bit weird they made a cartoon show based on a nearly 30 years old video game(CV3). Maybe they chose CV3 because it's relatively free from anime/kawaii elements? (for me personally, it's a good thing) Or maybe Konami is preparing a CV3 remake??

But I agree Netflix's Castlevania is well made nonetheless. It would be hilarious if Alcard looked more like that dorky original one but I can totally understand their decision to go with Symphony of the night version.

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 pm
Or maybe Netflix is just run by Castlevania dorks.
Whoever behind the show is definitely a huge castlevania dork, it's different from cheap cash-in cartoon/anime made by people who know nothing or very little about the original material.