Retro Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Retro Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 pm

I've been meaning to play it for a long time but have always put it off. I had a hunch that the controls would be crap.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Classic Game Room fucking blows ass.

What an original and new thought. I'm posting it here because I can't find any CGR thread.

https://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany/videos

Check this shit out:

462k subscribers

Views per video? Somewhere between 3k and 15k.

Even fucking DSP has better audience watch rates than that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DSPGaming

186k subscribers.

Views per video? They can trend pretty fucking low, sometimes into the 100-200 range, but they also often go up around 2-5k. 10k is typical for the first video of a new playthrough. I'm just saying, people give DSP shit all the time for how low his audience participation is. But CGR seems just as bad, if not worse because they have so many more subs.

I chalk it up to the dogshit content both channels produce now. Go through the CGR video list and see how many videos you can find that actually look like something you'd conceivably want to watch. People don't watch CGR anymore because the videos are garbage.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:37 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:01 pm
9 was the best in terms of combat.
Are we including the Trance system in that? Because the Trance system was pretty shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Patreon was the worst thing that happened to Mark, everyone was like don't leave make a patreon which turned into fuck that guy and his truxton jokes.

Mark is like lordkat where he doesn't have a lot of fans, but who he does have is VERY devoted with both cash and donations. I bet most of his hardcore fans are over 40 and well off.

He finally settled the fuck down about threatening to leave YouTube and just put a water mark on his videos instead.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm
Classic Game Room fucking blows ass.

What an original and new thought. I'm posting it here because I can't find any CGR thread.

https://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany/videos

Check this shit out:

462k subscribers

Views per video? Somewhere between 3k and 15k.

Even fucking DSP has better audience watch rates than that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DSPGaming

186k subscribers.

Views per video? They can trend pretty fucking low, sometimes into the 100-200 range, but they also often go up around 2-5k. 10k is typical for the first video of a new playthrough. I'm just saying, people give DSP shit all the time for how low his audience participation is. But CGR seems just as bad, if not worse because they have so many more subs.

I chalk it up to the dogshit kahntent both channels produce now. Go through the CGR video list and see how many videos you can find that actually look like something you'd conceivably want to watch. People don't watch CGR anymore because the videos are garbage.
All he seems to review is crappy shoot em ups and mech games from the early 90s. Kind of hard to be relevant when you review shit no one cares about, has he even reviewed much from the PS1 or N64 lately?
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:47 am

No. He also has a bunch of videos reviewing shitty merch, like kid's toys and packaging.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

I just finished FF6 for the first time ever. I had started playing it on an emulator 6 or 7 years ago and found my save file on a USB drive. Fired it up and completed it a couple days later. I was already in World of Ruin.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 am

Hello
I completely agree. I've completely had my fill of Musou games and don't want to play anymore for as long as I live. They've tried to innovate but it's all small incremental steps and it doesn't matter when the base gameplay is shallow and limiting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:24 pm

The Berserk one is fucking terrible. They use clips from the terrible 3D movies and animu instead of making their own like they do for everything else, and the big apostle fights are terrible. They apparently wanted something MonHun- or Dark-Souls-esque, but their Dynasty Warriors engine can't pull this off at all. Terrible bosses with terrible attack spam, terrible camera and no real feeling of impact.

On the other hand the Attack on Titan one is strangely relaxing. You're basically steampunk Spiderman with swords.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:27 pm

What's up with all these adult weirdos reviewing cartoons and toys?