When's "popular gaming" going to die?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Disbelief

Re: When's "popular gaming" going to die?

Post by Disbelief » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

For us devilish consolers, which version of SR is better, PSX or Dreamcast? I have the DC, but I remember people going crazy over the PS cuz of its wicked framerate and no load times.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:20 pm
Game journalists identify more with the hipsters showing up in recent FCs than with cavemen.
I'm still miffed about the ending of FC3. Be a warrior god ruling with iron fist and dick in your own, remote paradise kingdom or save your "friends" that you, as a player, never were given a reason to give a fuck about but many to dislike them?
Take the obvious choice and you don't even get an ending, your last save reloads and the game basically tells you to try again, dummy.
Fuck that shit! I was more pissed off about my pet rabbit in Doom being dead than the whining hipster twats I'm told are supposedly the friends of the hipster twat that is the player character. The player character we got to turn from a hipster twat into a voodoo deity of bloodshed and pussy-fucking.
That whole game's playtime we're improving the PC's life immeasurably and I'm supposed to say "Yeah, that was cool but let's go back to Starbucks and Facebook and go study social sciences in Los Angeles."? What the FUCK?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 am

That's also reason to like Primal, because unlike FC3, it has a decent boss fight and a simple, yet satisfying ending. There isn't really any ending, but every part of the game gets it's own closure. Honestly, I don't mind having a simple goal of "expand your tribe and remove opposition", because I'm fed up with characters sending you to solve their issues, then acting like douchebags instead of worshipping you - this applies to any game that does it.

I didn't mind the angle with douchebag friends in FC3 that much, but I remember they got quite annoying towards the end, then again, they just wanted to leave and forget everything, while Jason was currently on his power trip.

No, the real pain came with FC4 and fucking Amita and Sabal - those are the shittiest characters any SJW asshole every crapped out. They keep pestering you and trying to emotionally blackmail you to join their side, constantly treat you like trash, despite you being the main force that gives them any power (since they were running quite the shitshow before you appeared) and long before the final parts of the game I really wanted to kill them.

Nothing like a shitty NPC that makes you really not care about them or what you're doing for them, yet you have to keep doing it. What's strange is that the game's "antagonist" is written quite well and it's really likeable, plus expertly voice acted. I don't mind seeing a good characters go bad, but if you want me to make a choice, how about making the characters that are giving me a choice interesting and not the opposite, so douchy that I'll choose the one that I have lesser grudge against? Fuck.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 pm

The skinnerbox shit in Far Cry 3, mixed with some truly awful story missions, really turned me off the series. It seemed like OverHype: The Game. I did all the bandit camp takeover things and then they wanted to force me to play more of the shitty story, so I fucked off.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 am

It's weird thr best ending in FC4 was the one where you say fuck you to the game and stay when asked to do so.

Which GTA is recommed to try first for someone new to the series?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 am

Depends on how much difficulty you can handle.

Just in terms of quality, I'd say that Vice City, Liberty City Stories (it is shorter, but it has less bullshit in it too) and Vice City Stories are the best. VCS adds a bunch of gang management shit that wasn't in any prior GTA and wasn't seen again. Shame, because it worked well. You could build different types of criminal establishments like brothels and do special missions from them to rank up and earn new clothes. The establishments brought in regular money on a 24 hour cycle directly into your account, which also helped with replaying missions. You could pay a small fee upon death to recover all your guns AND ammo, which combined with the establishment payouts meant retrying missions didn't require you to reload a checkpoint or anything.

That said, VCS is jank as fuck because it was a massive game squeezed onto a tinyass PSP. It has glitches and all kinds of weird bugs. LCS has less of those but it's also a smaller game.

I like GTA IV a LOT, actually, but I wouldn't recommend it to new players because most people won't enjoy the car physics or how graybrown everything is. I think the story is a cut above most other Rockstar tales. It's probably up there with Red Dead Redemption. The gameplay is ok or mediocre depending on your view. Lost and Damned is a great little motorcycle club sim and Ballad of Homosexual Tony is GTA IV with a bit more color and wackiness. Ballad is overall the weakest part of the package IMO since GTA IV's grimdark depressingness is kind of fun if you're in the mood for it, and the main guy in Gay Tony is a worthless dumbshit.

GTA V is trash but it has the best graphics by far and better driving than IV. GTA III looks breddy ok but it doesn't have a map screen, which would make it unplayable for me.

The real answer to your question is and will always be "Saint's Row 2."
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 am

Why does Shenmue 3 look like a second-generation PSX title?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 08, 2017 3:42 pm

About time there's some love for 3D retro graphics.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 am
Truer words have rarely been spoken. The only thing I'm missing from SR2 is San Andrea's ability to eat yourself fat.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 am
Depends on how much difficulty you can handle.

Just in terms of quality, I'd say that Vice City, Liberty City Stories (it is shorter, but it has less bullshit in it too) and Vice City Stories are the best. VCS adds a bunch of gang management shit that wasn't in any prior GTA and wasn't seen again. Shame, because it worked well. You could build different types of criminal establishments like brothels and do special missions from them to rank up and earn new clothes. The establishments brought in regular money on a 24 hour cycle directly into your account, which also helped with replaying missions. You could pay a small fee upon death to recover all your guns AND ammo, which combined with the establishment payouts meant retrying missions didn't require you to reload a checkpoint or anything.

That said, VCS is jank as fuck because it was a massive game squeezed onto a tinyass PSP. It has glitches and all kinds of weird bugs. LCS has less of those but it's also a smaller game.

I like GTA IV a LOT, actually, but I wouldn't recommend it to new players because most people won't enjoy the car physics or how graybrown everything is. I think the story is a cut above most other Rockstar tales. It's probably up there with Red Dead Redemption. The gameplay is ok or mediocre depending on your view. Lost and Damned is a great little motorcycle club sim and Ballad of Homosexual Tony is GTA IV with a bit more color and wackiness. Ballad is overall the weakest part of the package IMO since GTA IV's grimdark depressingness is kind of fun if you're in the mood for it, and the main guy in Gay Tony is a worthless dumbshit.

GTA V is trash but it has the best graphics by far and better driving than IV. GTA III looks breddy ok but it doesn't have a map screen, which would make it unplayable for me.

Thanks, i did finish Saint's Row 1 to 3 and wanted to try another series that was similar to the first two Saint's Row so i thought may some GTA might be okay for that
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Don't get GTA IV on PC! Games for Windows Live fuckery and since the last patch the game runs ultra shitty. Sub 30 fps on a 1080 is not okay!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!