People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:35 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 am
Morrowind was the last good Elder Scrolls
What a normie opinion. Holy balls.

Morrowind is only good if you get into the lore and world building. Everything beyond that is just as bland as everything else Elder Scrolls related.

Oblivion is arguably a better game and Daggerfall did the whole, "huge world map to explore in a fantasy rpg," thing better.

Morrowind really only has its alien environment and the fact that the dunmer are actually a believable people going for it when you compare game play and such to the two surrounding titles.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 am

Oblivion was the only elder scrolls game I could actually finish, Skyrim I end up modding and turn off after 10 minutes and morrowind i eventually fight through the grind and by the time I get there I am already just fed up with it, but for some reason i really liked Oblivion. It could of been because the 360 was so new and I remember staying at my friends house for days playing it and cheesing the game in certain dungeons for gear, or the fact you could actually be some sort of spell sword with a weapon and shield instead of the lame ass 2 hand magic system.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:18 am

Skyrim is the definition of blandness. That's it's biggest crime, it's so bland and average in every way that it's perfect for many people to just kill time with it. It's not a good game, but I hesitate to call it shit. It's shit when you want to get something out of it, which I want with most of the games, but it's great when you're Angry Joe and just want to play something super casual and you just turned your brain off after eating another XXXXL menu from Chick-fil-A. Or if you're Orcil and instead of brain, your head is just filled with air.

As for Morrowind being last good TES, I disagree. Oblivion, despite being very goofy and silly, is a very enjoyable experience as long as you accept it - first time I've tried it, I couldn't stop laughing from how silly everything was. It's a ridiculous game in many ways, but unlike Skyrim, it's not boring. I have far more memories of Oblivion than Skyrim - one example, retarded morons kept repeating that "I took an arrow to the knee" line, but Oblivion is fucking goldmine of silly lines compared to Skyrim.

I easily consider that game my guilty pleasure. I keep saying this, but if people that worked on whatever product cared, you can tell. That doesn't mean it's going to be a good product, but sometimes it's more than enough to keep you going.

The way I look at it, I compare Oblivion with Skyrim like this:

Oblivion - we at Bethesda studios are idiots, and we don't really know what we're doing half the time, but we still try to do something fun.

Skyrim - we at Bethesda studios are soulless puppets and we are on a mission to figure out how to make a perfect casual action game that will sell the most copies. Stars and statistics show us how to design things, we don't actually need to have ideas, visions or ambitions to come up with something that we would consider fun. Why have fun when you can kill time?
Last edited by Some Sick Fuck on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Yeah skyrim is great for people who consider the first dragon fight the final battle, in the sense that the game is "over" after that and you load up your next elf girl leather chaps wearing crown princess to stare at again wishing that could be you.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Oblivion fucking sucked because of the enemies leveling up with you, morrowind is a thousand times better.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm

At least all of the 3D games have gameplay that is more or less horrible and/or broken, so my point goes to Morrowind for having the most refreshing setting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Oblivion is the only true "but it's good with mods" game in the series. Arena is trash and redundant because of Daggerfall. Daggerfall is everything it promised and more. Morrowind seems good but I've never played it. Oblivion, with mods, is actually very good, as far as TES goes.
Skyrim isn't even fun with mods. Not even with loads of mods. The game is painfully boring. Everything about it that you interact with is shit. The UI is shit, the skill system is shit, the leveling is shit and pointless, the world is shit, the NPCs are shit, the story is shit. Nobody interacts with you at all. I stabbed the motherfucking king and yet nobody gives a fuck.

And I'll be damned if I ever suffer to see a fucking Draughr again. I will stab a nigga, I swear.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm
Oblivion fucking sucked because of the enemies leveling up with you, morrowind is a thousand times better.
Scaling enemies in Oblivion are bad, yeah, but Morrowind has the problem where you become a god so quickly that the game isn't worth playing.

Any combat skill that hits 80 to 100 is basically unable to miss and block hitting 80 to 100 makes you nigh invulnerable. Even enemies that can actually hit you end up staggered to death repeatedly.
Magic is pointless in Morrowind without focusing heavily on alchemy for the 0 weight potions or exploiting an enchanted piece of equipment that reduces your intelligence to 0-- 1 to 3 casts of any spell worth using and you're dry meaning you're back to using that 80 to 100 melee weapon skill and staggering enemies that can barely hit you to death.

Honestly, melee combat in Morrowind is as bad as spamming two handed firebolts in Skyrim. Once you get to the point that you can stagger people with your spells you're basically invulnerable as long as you control the aggro properly. Once you get strong enough in Morrowind you end up doing the same thing.

Oblivion overdid the scaling everywhere. Skyrim got the scaling a little better. Mostly just rewards scale and enemies don't scale nearly as hard. Scaling quest rewards was dumb, though. Morrowind, on the other hand, is ruined once you know where every good item is. Either you get them right away and ruin the game or you avoid them so long that you're taking extra swings to kill everything for no good reason.
I can have myself in almost complete glass armor and arm myself with an ebony shortsword within 45 minutes of starting a new game in Morrowind. It's not even that risky to do, just a boring slog of missing arrows while sitting on a building where an enemy can't reach me and then avoiding enemy spawns in a specific dungeon. The game is essentially trivial from that moment onward because nothing scales enough to be a problem (and the only scaling I know of is overworld spawns in specific areas).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm
And I'll be damned if I ever suffer to see a fucking Draughr again. I will stab a nigga, I swear.
Dungeons in Skyrim: We have around as much enemy variety as Pac-Man - but with worse AI!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Knowing Bethesda it will run like ass on the Switch. I couldn't get into Morrorwind because there was alternatives like Gothic that didn't throw clinical dead npc's at you :lol:

However if I had to choose, the world in Morrorwind looks much more immersive than in Skyrim. Maybe its part of the lore or they just lazy but snow everywhere doesn't make for a good setting.