People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 pm

We aren't quite done just yet, there is more. Can you figure this one out without googling it? :lol:

Probably not just from the word "microtransactions engine" so here is what is happening:
Activision was granted a patent this month for a system it uses to convince people in multiplayer games to purchase items for a game through microtransactions.

The patent details how multiplayer matches are configured, specifically how players are selected to play with one another. That process used by Activision involves a computer looking at a wide variety of factors including skill level, Internet latency, availability of friends and other things. It then goes through a system to first soft-reserve a slot in a game for a player and then assign the players to the same match.

This patent, though, specifically discusses how that system for pairing up players can also be used to entice a player to purchase in-game items.

"For example, in one implementation, the system may include a microtransaction engine that arranges matches to influence game-related purchases," according to the patent. "For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."

"Doing so may enhance a level of enjoyment by the player for the game-related purchase, which may encourage future purchases," according to the patent. "For example, if the player purchased a particular weapon, the microtransaction engine may match the player in a gameplay session in which the particular weapon is highly effective, giving the player an impression that the particular weapon was a good purchase. This may encourage the player to make future purchases to achieve similar gameplay results."

The patent also makes it clear that while the examples used in the patent are all for a first-person-shooter game, the system could be used across a wide variety of titles.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am

They won't regulate them, ESRB already said it's not gambling because you always win something even if it's shit.

It's okay though, there's so many games I haven't played in the past few years that will keep me busy.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am
They won't regulate them, ESRB already said it's not gambling because you always win something even if it's shit.

It's okay though, there's so many games I haven't played in the past few years that will keep me busy.
Funny you say that. I just yesterday had the opposite epiphany.

I'm thinking of downgrading to a lap top and external hard drive simply because, all the games I love came out already, and there's hardly anything I play that's graphics intensive.

I think I need to file some taxes and save for retirement too. Growing up is weird.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:44 am
Point me to the good ones will ya? Steam is such a shithole and I don't feel like buying every console out there and games to then deal with the nightmare of reselling everything again when I'm done.

At the top of my head I could think of games like Eternal Sonata and FF Crystal Chronicles that I want to play :lol:

Gaming sucks major dick in that regard. I want one device that plays all the fucking games from beginning to now.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:45 pm

if theyre not doing anything against WoW addiction theyre not going to stop the 0.00001% that is insane enough to spend money on lootboxes.

edit: or they slap an 18+ label on the games and say your kids shouldnt be playing this game. (not that that works but hey thats government for ya)
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:46 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 pm
Seele wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 am
It's essentially gambling since it triggers a dopamine response in the brain to demand more since it's a RNG system

I honestly don't get it, why now and why try to involve the government. Companies just gonna circumvent it even if the worst case scenario of a ban happens.
There's neither green nor purple in that picture. That's not your prescribed daily dose, faggot!
CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:43 pm

The only Skyrim review ever needed.
I saw that fat fucker and thought I knew that guy. Then I saw his laptop place and it clicked. That's PMRants!

Five motherfucking years! Nigger lost tons of weight and looks much better now. Just what the fuck is going on? Am I in a time paradox? Only five years and this nigger is talking about What the Buck??? I thought time is supposed to go faster as you get older and yet that channel seem decades away.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 pm

PMRants was legit base with his "I Offend Everyone" video.

"Suicide is fun!" (Blows brains out). :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger