5 years + $40M = Mass Effect Andromeda

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

5 years + $40M = Mass Effect Andromeda

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:25 am

SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Seele

Re: 5 years + $40M = Mass Effect Andromeda

Post by Seele » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am

Ah, CrowbCat. The glorious YouTube shitposter we deserve.

And fuck Mass Effect: Andromeda. It's the worst Mass Effect game & worst BioWare game ever made, which took considerable effort to be worse than Mass Effect 3 & DA: Inquisition considering those were already cancerous. I'd go as far as to say it's quite possibly the worst Western "RPG" in years.

>$40M wasted.
>5 years wasted.
>No Drew Karpyshyn.
>Key writers left.
>Lead gameplay designers left.
>Mac "The Hack" Walters assigned as creative director.
>Assigned to BioWare Montreal, which is the studio's B-team.
>Overtly racist sandnigger who has a fetish for white genocide.
>Lead facial animator is a cosplayer with only 1 year of animation experience.
>Follows the same gameplay design of DA: Inquisition with locations being empty MMO-lite maps littered with extremely boring fetch quests.
>Glitchiest BioWare game yet.
>Has some of the most cringeworthy dialogue of any game in recent years.
>Graphics are severely underutilized. Even vanilla Fallout 4 looks better than this.
>Subpar voice acting compared to the old trilogy.
>Main character is essentially a Mary Sue since all classes are perks that can be switched on the fly, making the concept of having companions completely pointless.
>Poorly scripted cutscenes.
>Terrible driving controls.
>Piss poor AI for NPCs.
>Strong Leftist pandering courtesy of glorious Cucknadian influence.
>Glassdoor reviews from ex-employees cited poor working conditions and shitty management during the game's development.

Hopefully, this game's negative reception leads to low sales and BioWare's complete shutdown for good. They deserve to get royally fucked once and for all.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_BPrnaZH0&t=1s[/youtube]

God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Seele wrote:DA: Inquisition considering those were already cancerous
Care to explain what is so cancerous about the game?

Aside from underwhelming combat, I've enjoyed Inquisition a lot, it's a great game - most of the characters are enjoyable and have nicely written personal moments - which is important, because it's the focus of the game. I've played Origins before and stopped 5 hours in, it just felt very muddy and like offline MMO (no interesting locations or characters unlike Inquisition, I just don't remember anyone standing out - could be also the low budget voice acting?), and combat felt even worse. Interestingly enough, I've heard that Drakensang was superiour in almost every aspect, but Origins was the game that got the attention of public and become a succesful franchise.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:17 pm

I never liked any Dragonage game, including the first one.
Don't play Drakensang. Don't listen to anybody telling you that it's a good game series. The story is interesting but the game itself is pretty shit. Even the most hardcore Drakensang/Nier fanboys will tell you to not bother playing any Drakensang.

Mass Effect lost me with ME2. They dropped too many unique things to ME in favour of generic 3rd person shooting and removed the Mako, which I actually liked.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 pm

I guess Drakensang could appeal gameplaywise to those who always wanted to play something like Neverwinter Nights with an even worse rule system than D&D 3.x.

And holy fuckballs, those animations and dead eyes. I've seen PS2 games that looked better.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:02 pm

They all look really goofy with silly facial expressions. 8/v/ has grown really fond of Sarah as their new autistic mascot. Many jokes about Legos and Mega Blocks.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:I never liked any Dragonage game, including the first one.

Mass Effect lost me with ME2. They dropped too many unique things to ME in favour of generic 3rd person shooting and removed the Mako, which I actually liked.
I agree, except I liked ME2 for what it was.

DA isn't worth playing as a series. The best game in the series still came off as not that good imo. Mass Effect 1 was a good RPG FOR A CONSOLE GAME, which is what it was and what it felt like. It was a dumbed down experience compared to previous games on prior consoles, such as KotoR 1 and 2 and even probably Jade Empire, which itself was dumbed down when it came out compared to PC RPGs.

So what we've got is the height of a series was the first game, which was a watered-down version of a type of game that was several generations watered-down by the time it came out. ME1 isn't as good as KotoR 1. Then ME2 came out and it had manual reloading and other shit that didn't make sense, but was done so it would play like Gears of War. That wasn't great, but I put up with it because I enjoyed the characters. Then we got ME3 and now this shit. I guess they always wanted Ass Effect to be a CodBlops series with standard shooting controls.

All of the problems with ME1 were little things they could have fixed with a sequel, rather than removing them entirely and replacing them with something even worse (aka removing the Mako and replacing it with drilling.)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:54 pm

That's how I felt about it. I still played ME2 for a while but didn't even consider buying 3.
That really perfectly mirrors how I felt about Dead Space. 1 was good, 2 seemed rushed and I didn't even bother with 3.
If EA publishes something good it's by accident and they will rectify that mistake with the following titles in the series, making it worse and worse.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 pm

They don't know how to make something successful, and once they stumble upon success they ruin it by dumbing it down for a more mainstream audience, oblivious or downright ignorant of what caused the success to begin with.
rabidtictac wrote:All of the problems with ME1 were little things they could have fixed with a sequel, rather than removing them entirely and replacing them with something even worse (aka removing the Mako and replacing it with drilling.)
This is starting to sound like Square-Enix.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Seele wrote: >Key writers left.
The franchise really suffered after Jennifer "Hamburger" Hepler's departure.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.