Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Dragon's Dogma pawns are nothing compared to the Gambit System. You're basically programming the AI routine with building blocks that fit into a "If X, then do Y" logic. I really wished this would've been used in other (aka better) games. I'm not a huge fan of JRPGs with AI partners (because you just know these guys will fuck up), but that kind of stuff makes it more tolerable (since any fuckups on their part are your fault).

(Though they kinda went weirdly meta by having you not only find new Gambits in chests, but also having dedicated Gambit Shops in every city, where every customer is talking about how great Gambits are. I guess Ivalice is populated by androids or something.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:54 pm

So basically its like Silver and in a broader sense like the Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale games. Silver was a huge pain in the ass because they haven't discovered the pause button yet and you had to either multitask in real time like a god or just fuck em and play one character.

Granted it was 1999 and AI is always retarded but notice how they put you into situations on purpose where you are surrounded and your mates either do nothing or start throwing 2 dmg baby punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHzUpDZKQ8Q 11:40

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 pm

I wouldn't compare them. Silver's combat system was actually exciting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm

I just want to point out to you underaged weebshit RPG faggots that Might & Magic did the whole Medieval + SciFi thing before the nips stole the idea. Every JRPG owes it's existance to superior western CRPGs. Most notably to Wizardry.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm
I just want to point out to you underaged weebshit RPG faggots that Might & Magic did the whole Medieval + SciFi thing before the nips stole the idea. Every JRPG owes it's existance to superior western CRPGs. Most notably to Wizardry.
>Implying every JRPGs are inferior to every single existing CRPG when they are some fucking awful CRPGs out there
You really are autistic sometimes
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am

Rinoa is lesbian wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:00 am
FF12 any good? I heard it might be released on PC but unsure if I will get it because while the combat looks interesting it also seems to be the predecessor that has spawned the cancer that is FF13/FF15 combat.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:06 am
I also want to bring up Sega's Final Fantasy solution: Phantasy Star series for the Genesis. Back when Final Fantasy was still fantasy, Phantasy Star was it's sci-fi equivalent.
The setting of having highly advanced technology, magic and simple swords & axes in one world never works in video games but for some reason it was perfect for Phantasy Star 4. I guess you can shatter the disbelief much better when you only have to deal with shitty 2d sprites and almost motionless characters in turn based battle but woe betide you if someone tries that shit with modern games nowadays where you can't coat disbelief anymore with anything because you can spot if your player character has athlete’s foot or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzUMUUzXpaM 13:20 :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/TsXHhmf.jpg
It was okay despite it's faults
-All fanbases are shit

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:20 am

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
>Implying every JRPGs are inferior to every single existing CRPG when they are some fucking awful CRPGs out there
What I am implying is that every JRPG is nothing but a knockoff to a CRPG, not that every CRPG is superior. But feel free to go on a tangent defending your weebshit and SEGA some more. I bet that would really solidify that you're not the one with autism.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:27 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:20 am
Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
What I am implying is that every JRPG is nothing but a knockoff to a CRPG, not that every CRPG is superior. But feel free to go on a tangent defending your weebshit and SEGA some more. I bet that would really solidify that you're not the one with autism.
Last thing i'll say is where did i deny i have autism? Whatever, i lost enough time on you
-All fanbases are shit

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 am

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:27 am
Last thing i'll say is where did i deny i have autism? Whatever, i lost enough time on you
I just couldn't remember if it was you or Chippah. The usernames are quite similar.
Say, what is it with you guys and SEGA? Does the autism come before or after?

SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:46 pm

I thought videogame devs took mostly inspiration from books and other stuff.