Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:15 am

I was surprised myself to find out there are Tekken games besides TTT.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:58 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:13 am
There's been Tekkens released beyond T3? I don't know about that, I'll stick with the best.
Since 3 there seems to be a pattern that every second one is good. 4 was shit, 5 was good, 6 was shit and apparently 7 is good.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:01 am

That's like Windows!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 am

Tekken 6 is playable but definitely worse than T5. Adding bound and rage is dumb. Comeback mechanics weren't needed for fucking Tekken and bound just gives you more shit to memorize for juggling.

Some of the new characters were cool, like Miguel and Leo, but others were pretty stupid, like Bob.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:48 am

David Fincher's filmography also follows perfectly that bad/good/bad pattern.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 am

Tekken 3 doesn't have proper sidestepping. As much as I have a nostalgia boner for it it hardly gets to call itself the best overall. One could argue that it isn't even a proper 3D fightan gaem.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rinoa is lesbian

Post by Rinoa is lesbian » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:00 am

FF12 any good? I heard it might be released on PC but unsure if I will get it because while the combat looks interesting it also seems to be the predecessor that has spawned the cancer that is FF13/FF15 combat.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:06 am
I also want to bring up Sega's Final Fantasy solution: Phantasy Star series for the Genesis. Back when Final Fantasy was still fantasy, Phantasy Star was it's sci-fi equivalent.
The setting of having highly advanced technology, magic and simple swords & axes in one world never works in video games but for some reason it was perfect for Phantasy Star 4. I guess you can shatter the disbelief much better when you only have to deal with shitty 2d sprites and almost motionless characters in turn based battle but woe betide you if someone tries that shit with modern games nowadays where you can't coat disbelief anymore with anything because you can spot if your player character has athlete’s foot or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzUMUUzXpaM 13:20 :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/TsXHhmf.jpg

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:36 am

I think generic contemporary sci-fi video game aesthetics don't lend themselves well to a Phantasy Star 4 scenario. Probably need something more subtle and/or pulp-y.
Rinoa is lesbian wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:00 am
FF12 any good? I heard it might be released on PC but unsure if I will get it because while the combat looks interesting it also seems to be the predecessor that has spawned the cancer that is FF13/FF15 combat.
Building your own Partner AI is a neat idea and I wished other developers would've stolen that idea, but I found the actual combat to be pretty boring. It's like a MMORPG combat system with the least exciting animations and effects you can imagine. Even the Limit Breaks are just meh. You can't even be smart with buffs and shit because you have already programmed your buddies to keep you buffed at all times.
There's some weird combo system where weapons have a certain chance to hit two or more times in a row, which just makes your damage output more random and is really fucking annoying if some enemy just hits you 3-4 times in the face without you being able to do anything.
Techs like Steal are a bit of a mess. Only Steal is really useful, and the others are just esoteric nonsense you'll probably only get because the License Board has them and Accessory squares in the same corner.

Speaking of License Board. Fuck that Board. So much padding, and using it doesn't feel rewarding as you merely gain the honor of equipping shit instead of actually getting better with that shit (like, I dunno, learning actual attack skills like in Dragon Fucking Quest VIII).

The re-release shakes things up a bit with having different boards flavored after the old Tactics classes, but I can guarantee you there is no Jump for you if you go Dragoon/Lancer.
-Yours Truly

Geybe Nuwill

Post by Geybe Nuwill » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:46 pm

As long as they don't go full jew (over 20 bucks) and the combat isnt complete dogshit I can live with it. It probably will be a semi broken PC port and those old ass boring FF spells/weapon I seen to death and Valve being a fat jew kike is why I won't drop more money on this if they ever release.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Might get it on a sale for 75% in a year or so, still have FF3 on the snes to play and the last part of FFX. Oh yeah bought FF9 in a sale too so would feel really pointless jumping on this right away. Creating a party AI sounds kind of dragons dogma pawnish though so I might like that.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine