Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
veris leta facies

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am

The last good FF was of course Final Fantasy 7. Sure its graphics were outdated even at the time of its release, but that's a part of its charm and I can't stand those manga faggots of FF8 onwards. FF9 looked like a Disney film with laughable plot and its villain was like some sort of parody of previous FF villains. I haven't bothered with FF since X.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Mynameisnotimportant

Post by Mynameisnotimportant » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

My stepdaughter is really into Naruto Storm 1-3 on 360. I can't stand it really, but I don't really like twitch memory games with ridiculous 17 hit combos that I can't break. At least Killer Instinct had combo breakers for some kind of defense.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 pm

I've recently gotten myself Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul for the lulz, which appears to be more or less the same as these Narutard Storms and that one recent One Piece fighting game. I didn't actually know anything about Saint Seiya apart from "animu sentai of sorts which somehow looks gayer despite everyone having way more armor than spandex", and they apparently didn't have the budget for a more elaborate story mode, so it's all like some kind of straight abridged version where every single fight is your typical shounen asspull extravaganza distilled into its purest form. It's fascinating, in a way.

(Also there's some kind of Arcana-Heart-ish homing dash that costs meter and is pretty fun.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I read a couple volumes of Saint Gaya at my local library as a kid. I found it totally impenetrable.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Apparently it's about how every god who is not Athena is a giant douchebag and how you become more powerful if your outfit gets more swag and bling.

Also all the lady saints are aerobic chicks who have to wear creepy metal masks for religious reasons or something, which I don't think will be very much appreciated by the SJW crowd.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:07 pm

I started FFVII several times but I just couldnt get used to the blocky graphics (CT had already spoiled me) and I didnt really feel the story or characters were all that interesting. (once again probably because ive had already played lots of jrpgs before I got a ps)
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:55 pm

I wonder if the remake will get heat because FF7 glorifies terrorist attacks.
-Yours Truly

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:53 am

Final Fantasy 7 aged like shit, that's why it's not some $100 game, it used to be expensive like 10 years ago but as graphics got better it lost interest quickly, that's why when people like the completionist say it's his favorite game EVAR I have to wonder if he actually played it recently.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:01 pm

FF7 is far from the greatest game evar but it's still in the top 3 of the JRPGs of the 90's along with FF6 and Chrono Trigger. Its soundtrack is the magnum opus of Uematsu, baffles me how that same guy composed those vapid ost's of FF8 and FF10. FF9's music was a step to the right direction but still far away from the glory of 6 and 7. Only flaw in FF7 is the first 1/4 of the game which is extremely linear and can be boring at times, especially on replays, but after the Nibelheim flashback scene it's indulgence all the way to the end.

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:55 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am
The last good FF was of course Final Fantasy 7. Sure its graphics were outdated even at the time of its release, but that's a part of its charm and I can't stand those manga faggots of FF8 onwards. FF9 looked like a Disney film with laughable plot and its villain was like some sort of parody of previous FF villains. I haven't bothered with FF since X.
FF9 boiled down to Kuja wanting to be special and unique and aquiring power.

Garland wanted to funnel the souls out of Gaia into Terra so Terra could survive cause it was dying for reasons I can't remember.

Kuja goes off script, finds out he's not immortal, and just resolves to kill everyone. Necron, the final boss appears because Kuja almost succeeds and the heroes fight him back and save existence.

Pretty standard fair for a JRPG that's a homage to its classic days.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger