going through the motions gameplay

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
sanicvr00m

going through the motions gameplay

Post by sanicvr00m » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 pm

This shit first hit me when I was re-playing KOTOR a few years ago. "DUDE I'M A BADASS BOUNTY HUNTER I MADE SUCH A GOOD BUILD LOL" Wait a minute, no I'm not, the game's just piss-easy and designed so a 12 year old can beat it without getting frustrated.

But whatever, that game came out at a time when console games were largely being targeted towards younger kids. Right?

Fast forward to current age gaming with Skyrim's dungeon's puzzles are a match 3 picture minigame that a toddler would fail to find stimulating and Breath of the Wild's most epic brain teasers consist of levitating a block from one side of the dungeon to another so you can walk across it. Mario Odyssey's bosses still take three hits to kill after a mind-numbingly predictable pattern and I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say the platforming itself isn't much harder. Fallout 4 hands the player an invincible metal gear mech suit less than a few hours into the game.

If it's true that most gamers today are in the 20-35 age range then how the fuck are you faggots still gleaning entertainment from this shit?
SpoilerShow

rabidtictac

Re: going through the motions gameplay

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:46 pm

That's why shit like the souls games blew the fuck up. They're not "the hardest games ever" or whatever the meme was, but they're harder than the piss the industry puts out now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 pm

sanicvr00m wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 pm
If it's true that most gamers today are in the 20-35 age range then how the fuck are you faggots still gleaning entertainment from this shit?
Hard gameplay just gets in the way of the super immersive narrative experiences.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:47 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 pm
sanicvr00m wrote:
Hard gameplay just gets in the way of the super immersive narrative experiences.
And that's the most important thing in a game, the story.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I tried replaying The Last of Us the other day. I must have been drunk when I liked it the first time around.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:47 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 pm
sanicvr00m wrote:
And that's the most important thing in a game, the story.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I tried replaying The Last of Us the other day. I must have been drunk when I liked it the first time around.
You definitely were. It's fucking terrible. I hate what naughty dog have become. I didn't play all of Zombie Soap Opera Movie, but I played more than a couple hours. Maybe it gits gud when you put in 20 hours to see the entire cinematic masterpiece, but IIRC I also watched a full let's play of the shit when I was deciding if I should buy it. A couple hours in the actual game experience made me realize that shit is just as bad as everyone says. Worse. The game honestly doesn't get enough hate.

Resident Evil 2 does a better job with survival horror than The Last Cutscene of Us. And RE2 does it without going full retard and giving you 2 fucking bullets from an enemy who was JUST shooting entire clips into your cover.

The entire game is on massive rails and sucks shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Resident Evil 2 does a better job with survival horror than The Last Cutscene of Us.
Oh god, yes, absolutely.

I'm actually worried about the remake of RE2, like the devs have looked at something like The Last of Us and maybe decided that the RE2 remake should be something akin to that. Oh fuck, what a terrible thought. Another thing that's got me worried is that it's been 2 fucking years since the initial announcement and we've seen fuck all of its development since. At least we have the original, still a classic to this day.

I'm completely ignoring The Last of Us Too, whenever the hell that's supposed to come out. :/
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:16 am

Console peasentry is what made the game big. More specifically, Sonyggers. It's a fucking cover-based 3rd person shooter so how good could it possibly be?
Gears of War did it better mechanically and at least wasn't gay as shit all the time. But even that is so incredibly stale by now that the series pretty much started and killed the entire genre in just three games. Play GoW 1-3 with a buddy on hardest difficulty. There, you're done. That's all the genre has to offer. After that, it's overstaying it's welcome.

Most people that play video games may be in the 20-35 age group but we aren't the big spenders. The money comes from the much younger players('s parents). They are the ones that get a console for Christmas and buy games for 60 dollarinos. So those are the ones games are being catered to.
Don't ask me what keeps people playing vidya these days. I play Warframe and otherwise just old games every now and then.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 am

I pay almost nothing for the games I buy these days. I paid $5 for asscreed 4 and another $4 for asscreed 3. That's pretty typical lel.

But I did get suckered into the $20 or whatever for The Last of Cucks. I should really sell that shit. The cover mechanics aren't even very good imo and the resource management is retarded. It just amounts to having fuckall ammo drops until you start sucking shit, and then they drop a bunch. But it's still annoying because you get drops in tiny increments, like 2 bullets from the guy who was shooting a machine gun at you, or a single crafting component from a storage bin marked IMPORTANT SHIT HERE. The shooting is intentionally shit, which still counts as "being shit" in my book. Melee combat is spamming a button to trigger a QTE which also breaks your melee weapon in 1-2 encounters IIRC.

Gameplay sucks. I already described the cover shooting. There are two other types of gameplay. 3 if you count "walk around and listen to cunts jabber." That's the majority of the gameplay anyway. Another type is "scripted set piece." They're all different, usually with some fake urgency or a gimmick like rolling a car or fighting a charger in the gymnasium. They usually combine with "walk and listen to cunts jabber" gameplay either at the start or the end. The final gameplay time is zambie stealth. Stealth sucks dick even compared to asscreed standards of phoning shit in. You use your Batman Arkham Knight sense to see everything (sorry, hear) and then you x-ray your way past. The only way Naughty Frog could figure out to convince you to use stealth was to put instant-kill enemies in the stealth segments. Do I really need to say more?

Zombies have mushrooms on them because the game is very clear these are not at all zombies. These are mushroombies or something, but DEFINITELY NOT ZOMBIES, OKAY?

Summarizing:

-shooting sucks
-stealth sucks (boring line of sight mixed with spamming detective vision to avoid instakill zombies)
-resource management sucks
-the story sucks (my opinion)
-the characters suck except for Joel
-Naughty Dog suck for being pretentious cunts about this game
-cover mechanics suck
-melee weapons suck because they break too fast and look stupid
-FUCKING BRICKS AND BOTTLES

0/10 most overhyped game, I eagerly await some sick fuck's rebuttal.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 am
Zombies have mushrooms on them because the game is very clear these are not at all zombies. These are mushroombies or something, but DEFINITELY NOT ZOMBIES, OKAY?
"Zombies" are for dumb shock jocks. This is a deep, sophisticated story.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:17 am
"Zombies" are for dumb shock jocks. This is a deep, sophisticated story.
RAPEMAN wrote: