going through the motions gameplay

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: going through the motions gameplay

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am

I would just steal the footage, but I'd still play the game to be able to say I played all of it. Which would suck dick.

The gameplay is so fucking bad. People crapped on the gameplay of spec ops, but the last of us is a lot shittier. No ammo, gunplay is intentionally bad, game linear like a rail-shooter, too many fucks jabbering in your ear all the time, shitty stealth sections, garbage instakill zombies, Detective Vision, weapon degradation, shitty garbage crafting minigame because every other game was doing it, "stealth" amounts to spamming bottles or bricks and using line of sight/detective vision, level design a shit, too much slow walking and listening to assholes, too much ladder moving because THAT FUCKING BITCH CAN'T SWIM, also did I mention ellen page sucks?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:35 pm

I thought TLOU was bootleg Ellen Payge, while the David Cage abortion Beyond 2 Souls was the "real" one. Even got the game hacked to see her awful cutting board dyke titties.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Did I mention the stealth kill weapon has 1 use? Yeah sure, it's a shiv made from broken glass, but there are sharp things all over in the last of us universe and I'm sure one of the million or so soldiers Joel kills has a fucking knife on him.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am
gunplay is intentionally bad
See, in a survival horror game I can live with limited ammo but this whole, "your character can't shoot well so you can't shoot well," always pisses me off.

Nigger, this isn't an RPG. Unless I have a calculable stat that improves then don't mess with my aiming for the sake of your shitty narrative. Gameplay is king. Leave the character bumbling about for the story scenes.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Oh boy, then let's talk about my most favouritest of favourite gameplay mechanics: Bloom!
Simulating recoil realistically is not that easy. But of all the ways you can implement to avoid every gun handling like a powerless laser pistol bloom is by far the worst. The more you shoot, the larger your aiming circle or crosshair gets.
Many games have this.

Counter Strike is a good example. But in CS the spray pattern is predictable. In 1.6, the first three shots of an AK will always go in the same spots relative to the middle of the crosshair. The next shots wander upwards slightly to the right, at the peak to the left and then to the right again. While not perfectly predictable, you'll always draw a 7 so you can counteract the simulated recoil.

With bloom it's different. The shots can land anywhere in the entire crosshair, effectively giving you something like a cone of fire that grows. Battlefield BC2 had that with some weapons, Brink had that with every automatic weapon, old Rainbow Six games had that mechanic as well.
I'll excuse RS slightly. One shot is usually enough to incapitate or kill an enemy and the pace of the game was much slower. Go as slow as you're supposed to go and you'll have great accuracy.
But in fast-paced shooters it's the fucking worst. It's an element of pure randomness that deletes all skill. Where are you going to hit? Nobody knows. Roll a die and find out!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:01 am

Gameplay being dumbed down to this level consists of two reasons nowadays : one is due to the MUH STOWY / MUH OPEN WORLD crowd of cazulmorons that want TLOUs / Le Ebin Skyrims and then shield themselves by saying "Bro, I like the Souls game, I'm no cazul" and the second comes from the whole notion of "games as an entertainment service / games as servicable entertainment" which adopts the current Pedorapewood of infinite sequels etc so you have to make your game be basically like a movie, play it once or twice then touch it after 10 years maybe while you thirst for its sequel. That second current I believe started with japanese games from the PS3 era, while the west tried the MUH Graphics / MUH AAAAA GAYMES and by the next gen(maybe slightly earlier) both sides of the spectrum got utterly intermingled. The only thing separating them nowadays is that the west loves microtrans while Japan like DOA styled DLC. The second current also found a lot of fans in people that just don't play vidya.

Reusing assets in the most lazy way possible to do that also attributes to the problem as a whole, as no matter what people say. Reusing assets cuts down on dev time and funds, even when they have to use them as references and recreate the entire thing on a completely new engine. Fucking Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is the grand daddy of that and yet people are willing to look away from such examples, especially when you have shit like GTA4 having more stuff to do than GTAV. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:15 am

Dead or Alive 5 is a much worse game because of that DLC bullshit, ban. Even if there is a costume you think looks ok, it costs $4 or some shit for one costume. Not that DoA5 is an amazing game, but it's supposedly a fighting game. Even if it is DoA and has fap material in it. But the new gimmick with overpriced ogle DLC is to charge a fortune for every tiny piece of dlc.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 am

And yet, Ninja Gaiden 2 is one of the greatest games ever created. It's not about being a hack. It's what you do with it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:43 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:15 am
Dead or Alive 5 is a much worse game because of that DLC bullshit, ban. Even if there is a costume you think looks ok, it costs $4 or some shit for one costume. Not that DoA5 is an amazing game, but it's supposedly a fighting game. Even if it is DoA and has fap material in it. But the new gimmick with overpriced ogle DLC is to charge a fortune for every tiny piece of dlc.
Was that the one with 180 dlcs including most characters and at least 1 story mode?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Yes.

And if you buy DOA5+Ultimate whatever, you have to spend an hour laboriously downloading catalogue data just to play the game. Even if you never buy any DLC.

Ironically, the vita port is the most functional version of the game, because you don't need to do any of that BS. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote: