The Game Awards 2017

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Auli

Re: The Game Awards 2017

Post by Auli » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm

I liked the woman who was voice acting in the Hellblade game. A woman who is a programmer or something and in the speech just said:

"I have no history in acting. I have never done voice overs. AND I WON!" = "i'm a fucking noob and I beat you "pros"! xD fucking scrubs"
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 pm

So is it confirmed now that Kojima is a hack-fraud like Inafune? Capcom and Konami dindu nuffin?
Kojima has at least directed games. Inafune was just a business man who never actually directed anything, but still acted like he was a game designer. I remember Inafune getting a lot of flack for copying Kojima's gimmick and putting the tag line "A Keiji Inafune Game" on Dead Rising 2 when the game was actually farmed out to Canucks.

I think Kojima simply felt victim to his own hype. He always admitted that the stealth element in Metal Gear 1 was just a fluke, but he still brags about creating the stealth action genre, as if there were a flood stealth action games after the MSX Metal Gears when nobody outside Japan care about the series prior to MGS1. I wouldn't be surprised if Death Stranding turns out to be just another """cinematic""" TPS.

He's probably like George Lucas in the sense that he probably works better when he has people to call out his more stupid ideas. From my understanding, he blew most of the budget for MGSV on really frivolous shit like licensed songs (not to mention replacing Hayter with Kiefer didn't exactly come cheap either).

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:58 pm

I never played MGSV but I know there was an absurd number of licensed songs in it. Hope you like Japan and Kajagoogoo kids.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:19 pm

I wonder if all those licensed songs will mean the Steam version will eventually go the way of Alan Wake, aka removed from the store after the licenses expire.

And hiring a Hollywood actor as a VA is always a good sign of some idiot having too much money. Bonus points if you use him to replace a long-time VA.
Auli wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm
"I have no history in acting. I have never done voice overs. AND I WON!" = "i'm a fucking noob and I beat you "pros"! xD fucking scrubs"
Apparently the entry bar for a professional VA is not particularly high.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:57 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:19 pm
And hiring a Hollywood actor as a VA is always a good sign of some idiot having too much money. Bonus points if you use him to replace a long-time VA.
It just shows that he is a Hollywood-obsessed starfucker disconnected from his overseas fanbase. Who cares if Hayter has served as the voice of Snake for over 15 years? If he wants a hasbeen TV actor to be Snake so he can hang around with, then screw the fans. As long as Otsuka still voices Snake in the Nippon version, then it's okay with him.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 am
The reason time travel doesn't ruin chrono trigger is the game has a dozen endings or some shit, to cover every possible outcome as a result of time fuckery.
It helps that Chrono Cross is NOT canon, seriously that was a shitty fanfic
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:58 pm
I never played MGSV but I know there was an absurd number of licensed songs in it. Hope you like Japan and Kajagoogoo kids.
I did actually. That song was insanely catchy
Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:57 pm
It just shows that he is a Hollywood-obsessed starfucker disconnected from his overseas fanbase. Who cares if Hayter has served as the voice of Snake for over 15 years? If he wants a hasbeen TV actor to be Snake so he can hang around with, then screw the fans. As long as Otsuka still voices Snake in the Nippon version, then it's okay with him.
Speaking as a fan, Hayter can't act for shit. I thought I would be angry when I heard Kiefer Sutherland was replacing him, but then I played Ground Zeroes and ceased to give a shit. It didn't help that Hayter's done nothing but act like a whiny bitch ever since the firing.

Also got me into watching 24
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

I certaintly need more David Sylvian in my video games.
In an age where almost all music has an official free presence on YouTube you'd think it would have been easier to just print out a list of songs to put on in the background for the player. Like Tite Kubo got it right with his character theme songs, that shit wasn't getting in the anime. But alas I'm not an "auteur."

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Snake, do you think love can blossom... on a battlefield?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm
Speaking as a fan, Hayter can't act for shit. I thought I would be angry when I heard Kiefer Sutherland was replacing him, but then I played Ground Zeroes and ceased to give a shit. It didn't help that Hayter's done nothing but act like a whiny bitch ever since the firing.
According to this blog post, Kojima was never satisfied with how the English voice acting in the MGS games turned out. Not sure what's his sources are, but it probably explains why Subsistence kept the original voices in Japan (as opposed to Integral and Substance, which had English voices in their Japanese releases). Even Hayter himself has said that Kojima tried to replace him once during the development of MGS3 and again during MGS4 (yet he never felt to disclose this until he got replaced for real in MGSV).