Like Payday 2? How about ZOMBIES?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Stranger

Like Payday 2? How about ZOMBIES?

Post by Stranger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 am

"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

rabidtictac

Re: Like Payday 2? How about ZOMBIES?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:05 am

I don't like payday or pubg or any of this bullshit. I liked vanilla tf2 before valve fucked it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:09 am

Gaming is dead. GTFO
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 am

I regret buying payday 2, even if it was on sale for like $5. The game is completely unfriendly in pugs and you're expected to know EVERYTHING about a mission when its your first time.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:59 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 am
I regret buying payday 2, even if it was on sale for like $5. The game is completely unfriendly in pugs and you're expected to know EVERYTHING about a mission when its your first time.
This is precisely why I quit playing it.

I remember I did a heavy firefight mission and some dude had Inspire (that skill that lets you revive from afar). The three others go down so I go to revive the closest person who was in a safer location, then I happen to get caught by a dude that pops around the corner.

Immediately, "What the fuck are you reviving him for? I have inspire."

Oh gee. Thanks. I guess I'm just expected to be a mind reader, then. Thanks for letting me know in a nice, tolerable fashion that, next time, I should prioritize you because you could get at least one of them up from afar, instantly. Definitely wasn't a more friendly way to phrase that. I don't play games to enjoy myself, after all.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:46 pm

I love how people with terrible teamwork and social skills keep playing multiplayer games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:09 pm

That's everybody who plays video games.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 am

Even with clan mates 2 got boring as shit. And for some reason they balanced the weapons as if this was a competitive multiplayer game. Shotguns do fucking nothing at a distance when in the first game they were as precise and effective as they are IRL.
What, the AI mob was complaining about getting one-shot in the head by a shotty at 15m distance or something?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 am

Their weapon balancing is bullshit, anyway, because they fully embraced power creep. The stupid h3h3 meme pack was released with a, "bow," that's basically the top tier auto-silent weapon in the game.

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Due to my 300+ hours spend in Payday 2, I proclaim myself resident DHI Payday 2 spergexpert and therefore my opinion is the only right and valid one.

First off, Kugel is full of shit about shotguns - with right skills, they are actually very precise and damn good at long range! I didn't even have to look up build for that, I've just placed skills where it felt right and made the game much more enjoyable for me. But that's just BTW.

More importantly, I loved Payday the Heist, I've played it with many friends and collectively, we adored the game. It was a true indie FPS, cheap, rough around the edges, and at the same time really fun - and it was a novel concept at the time, yes, it's kind of like L4D, but I couldn't get into that game, it just wasn't fun, despite everybody praising L4D endlessly.

Maybe our standards were lower that the time, but what the hell, I remember it as one of the most consistently enjoyable games I've ever played with friends - sometimes if you're playing something for a long time, you get these sessions where you're killing time more than just having fun, which becomes a sign that you should take a break from that game.

However, when PD2 came, it was three times as expensive, but it hasn't featured too much content. Instead, they released insane amout of content, with absurd amout of stupid characters and weapons - in this case, balancing everything out is near impossible, you'll end up using just few weapons anyways. We felt ripped off, because everything shifted from the first game, the gunplay was worse, skill tree changed to something else (although to something you don't see often in online FPS), and small and short maps.

Nowdays though, when you can get all of it in one big package without being ripped off with bullshit DLC (there is a fucking H3H3 DLC that's supposed to go to the H3H3 lawsuit fund, fuck off), I can easily recommend it, if you don't expect something amazing. It has a lot of content, the gameplay is ok, and making different builds is quite viable, so there is a lot of variety. I guess I was fortunate enough that I don't remember ever playing with massive douchebags, although I am sure there were some, I played half of my time with friends and half of it alone with randoms.

Payday the Heist came in 2011, and I don't know if they've learned enough to make something worth while now that they have the money to release higher budget games - PD2 isn't bad in my eyes, but I wish they made a different game. I don't think much of the Overkill's Walking Dead, but I'll wait for the announcement. I surely can't be worse than the Raid game they recently released.
Last edited by Some Sick Fuck on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.