Any good deals this steam sale?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Any good deals this steam sale?

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:01 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:55 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:37 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:

Forget about some random animu shit, just play JA2 with 1.13 mod and never look back.
I must have over 1000 hours in that already lol
Wut.
Then maybe Battle Brothers, Xenonauts, Voidspire Tictics or Open Xcom. I've never actually played the first three (they're in my wishlist for forever) but I suppose they pretty good.
Also, I think SwordFlight (NWN module), KoTC and ToEE are pretty tactical but they more like RPGs rather than tactical game. I haven't finished any of them yet but I can confirm they're more than decent.
Ive got Xenonauts though Ive never started playing it it seems. Probably because I got it around the same time as the last xcom expansion and went for the modern game first.

And call me shallow or having too much demands but Im not paying anything over 5 euro for games like Battlebrothers / Voidspire Tactics even if it would be very good. I feel its worth 2,50 to 5 euros max since it hardly took any effort to create. Id pay 0 for the design and artstyle so then the gameplay mechanics would have to be 9.5 / 10 for me to even consider it. And if they are that is 5 euro's of value to me I wont pay 7,50 for something like that when I can get a classic "real" game for the same amount of money.

What does KoTC stand for though? And the other one is temple of elemental evil i assume? I thought ToEE was either not playable on modern systems or very buggy? Should that be gotten on steam or gog or somewhere else and with a mod to fix things then?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:01 pm
AdorableOtter wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:55 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:

I must have over 1000 hours in that already lol
Wut.
Then maybe Battle Brothers, Xenonauts, Voidspire Tictics or Open Xcom. I've never actually played the first three (they're in my wishlist for forever) but I suppose they pretty good.
Also, I think SwordFlight (NWN module), KoTC and ToEE are pretty tactical but they more like RPGs rather than tactical game. I haven't finished any of them yet but I can confirm they're more than decent.
Ive got Xenonauts though Ive never started playing it it seems. Probably because I got it around the same time as the last xcom expansion and went for the modern game first.

And call me shallow or having too much demands but Im not paying anything over 5 euro for games like Battlebrothers / Voidspire Tactics even if it would be very good. I feel its worth 2,50 to 5 euros max since it hardly took any effort to create. Id pay 0 for the design and artstyle so then the gameplay mechanics would have to be 9.5 / 10 for me to even consider it. And if they are that is 5 euro's of value to me I wont pay 7,50 for something like that when I can get a classic "real" game for the same amount of money.

What does KoTC stand for though? And the other one is temple of elemental evil i assume? I thought ToEE was either not playable on modern systems or very buggy? Should that be gotten on steam or gog or somewhere else and with a mod to fix things then?
I do know GOG has a version of ToEE that was stable when i played it
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:06 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:

KotC = Knights of the Chalice. This game always appears in Top RPG xyz rankings because of its brilliant combat AI (imo, the best in the business), but it's out of your price range and there will never be a sale again because the author lost interest in money (kinda long story),so..... At least you can check out the demo version (or do you-know-what) though.

ToEE has a new mod which pretty much fixes everything.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:06 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:

KotC = Knights of the Chalice. This game always appears in Top RPG xyz rankings because of its brilliant combat AI (imo, the best in the business), but it's out of your price range and there will never be a sale again because the author lost interest in money (kinda long story),so..... At least you can check out the demo version (or do you-know-what) though.

Cool so does that ToEE mod work on any version or is that made for the steam or gog version only?

edit: nvm its not even on steam. Its 1.29 now on gog for others that might be interested
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm
I guess a weeb's greatest fear is having some ecchi shots tinkered with.
Yep and it seems they will get angry no matter what.

5:20

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:00 pm
They didn't cry sexism because it lets you grope all the party's waifus mind you, they cried censorship because the gaijin release removed the option to fondle the underaged elf girl (who looks like she's 8, or 12 at the most.)
Some people on Steam recently exposed themselves as pedo's because they defended and raged over a game getting removed by Valve with reason given "we think this novels core audience is pedophiles". I don't get why Japan still hasn't banned this shit.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:34 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:36 pm
What does being honey potted mean? And I never knew it was illegal to download only to upload, at least that how it was when I last checked.
If you download something via torrent you're technically uploading at the same time. Even if you disable that, they will still claim you were. That's how they get you.
I got a letter once for supposedly downloading Twilight. It was actually the Rifftrax soundtrack for it. I told them to fuck off and they eventually did after over five years. They kept pestering me to pay up or they would take it to court, sending yearly letters to avoid the case from running out. Lawyers are persistent fuckers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:45 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 am
I don't get why Japan still hasn't banned this shit.
Because the Japanese are a bunch of fucking pedo's period, theirs a reason why most of the sexy girls in anime are under 16.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4odLbv2lMjM/hqdefault.jpg

Nice now all it needs is a Steam release or possibly even an enhanced edition. That Nevewinter EE where everyone says the solo campagin is meh and the game is only good because of player content is such a massive waste of development ressources.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:14 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 am
AdorableOtter wrote:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4odLbv2lMjM/hqdefault.jpg

Nice now all it needs is a Steam release or possibly even an enhanced edition. That Nevewinter EE where everyone says the solo campagin is meh and the game is only good because of player kahntent is such a massive waste of development ressources.
The only EE that weren't shit were i think the Icewind Dale 1 and 2 EE
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:56 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 am
[...]That Nevewinter EE where everyone says the solo campagin is meh and the game is only good because of player kahntent is such a massive waste of development ressources.
Actually, I think NWN EE has the biggest potential out of all those EEs (aka bunch of pointless modern ports), because NWN is basically a (Multiplayer) D&D RPG maker at its core and there has never been a successor / equivalent of NWN's toolkit for years.

IGN and nuBioware decided to shutdown the fansite/mp server/forum a few years ago, but if Beamdog restart those services and refine the toolkit there is a good chance this game attracts old/new D&D cRPG fans, imo. I know it can be a total failure though, because it's Beamdog.