Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Charlar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:18 pm
Batman and Catwoman marrying? Such a ripoff of the Golden Age.

Also I seem to recally that male Amazon offsprings where sold to the cyclopses as slaves in exchange for weapons and armor.
True but this time it's main continuity Batman and Catwoman and not an Alternate universe, there's also the fact Catwoman won't answer until after the current flashback storyline.

I don't know, i overall skipped the new 52 after seeing what happened to Superman and the Flash.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 am

And people wonder why comic sales are low. Convoluted shit the lot of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 am

It's either that or blatant SJW pandering. That shit is why they do so many reboot/retcons where they start over again because the writers are retarded. They listen to autists like YMS when he nitpicks a movie like Looper because of the time travel, where he shows a clip of Rian Johnson flat out saying that he focused on the characters instead of time travel being logical AS IF THAT WAS A PROBLEM. You pander to idiots like that, you get shit stories.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

It's all about dem deep character studies, man.

And I don't think any Bat-marriage would last long. The next reboot or retcon will get rid of it because editors are paranoid that being married would make their heroes "too old" and unrelatable for a new, younger audience.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Charlar wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:03 pm
Also Wonder Woman origins have were retconned multiple times and things got so insane that those retcons created Power Girl and Donna Troy, she had another retcon during the New 52. The Amazons were turned into raiders that raid to kidnap, rape and kill mens oh and if the child is born a boy they kill it. Recently a splinter group of Amazons were introduced that call themselves something else that settled into the Middle East, which was revealed in Red Hood and the Outlaws. Jason Todd was turned sympathetic, tried to help Bizarro and him and Batman reconciliated with Bruce turning a blind eye to Jason killings. Oh and Batman and Catwoman might marry.
Sorry i rarely get to sperg about comics.
Far as I know, Power Girl's never had anything to do with Wonder Woman. She was an Atlantean briefly, because Crisis on Infinite Earths took out Earth 2 and she was Supergirl of Earth 2, so they needed a new origin for her

Also, Artemis and the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall (which is who I assume you're talking about) predate Red Hood and the Outlaws by a long mile. They were subject of an arc (a pretty good arc, actually) in the '90s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Contest_(DC_Comics)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Taco Jim

Post by Taco Jim » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Looper makes no damn sense. They chop off that one dude's limbs, thus causing the future version to go limbless, but he still exists with the same history and everything. On the other hand, Young Bruce Willis kills himself and Old Bruce Willis just vanishes as if he never existed. But by the movie's logic, he should have just dropped dead next to Young Bruce Willis, played by Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Spoilers above!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:19 pm

yeah looper sucked
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 am

Taco Jim wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm
Looper makes no damn sense. They chop off that one dude's limbs, thus causing the future version to go limbless, but he still exists with the same history and everything. On the other hand, Young Bruce Willis kills himself and Old Bruce Willis just vanishes as if he never existed. But by the movie's logic, he should have just dropped dead next to Young Bruce Willis, played by Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Spoilers above!
If you have to stick to time travel rules that fucking strictly, then the movie will be shit. The concept of the Butterfly Effect will simply ruin almost any time travel story, since someone going back in time and merely effecting a few peoples lives by just being there can change everything.

This is why Johnson ignored that shit and made the character drama stronger, the scene with the guys limb's coming off makes no sense when you think about it, but in relation to the story and the dramatic impact it had was perfectly fine since it was horrifying. But if you go with your approach, he would have had to rewrite the movie a thousand times to stick to "time travel rules" and it would have had no dramatic tension at all. Even The Simpsons episode where Homer goes back in time with the toaster makes no sense since everyone else changes but him, you can make that shitty nitpick with almost any time travel story.

But if you do obsess over dumb shit like that? You get Capeshit writing.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 am

You can make your time travel have some semblance of a set of rules without the Butterfly Effect. There are a few theories on what a time paradox would do.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Theyre actually going to have superman marry a tranny?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine