Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: He he he he

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Holy shit, Aliens was so fucking awesome. Not really big on the action genre, but that was a helluva satisfying movie. Loved every minute of it. Also, much better imo than the original Alien(which I thought was quite good to begin with).

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4386
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:18 pm

I'd say the first one had the better atmosphere, but Aliens has a better pacing from start to finish. There's probably a lot that could've gone wrong by making it more of an action flick, but it worked out swell.

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: He he he he

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 am

John Carpenter's The Thing is a masterpiece, no two ways about it. Loved how it subvertes typical slasher tropes by having the characters realize the threat early on and actively fight against it(no endless wandering-jumpscares etc).
The cast was great, the paranoid tension between them was just sublime. And the ambiguity at the morbid end - perfect. Loved it.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am

Only good Alien movie was AVP.

User avatar
Charlar
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Charlar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am
Only good Alien movie was AVP.
Guest posting was a mistake
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit

Rapeculture
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Rushy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 am
John Carpenter's The Thing is a masterpiece, no two ways about it. Loved how it subvertes typical slasher tropes by having the characters realize the threat early on and actively fight against it(no endless wandering-jumpscares etc).
The cast was great, the paranoid tension between them was just sublime. And the ambiguity at the morbid end - perfect. Loved it.
It's one of my favorite movies of all time for all the reasons you mentioned. I ignored the 2011 prequel or whatever the hell it was supposed to be, though.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 am
You move to Commiefornia, rape is what you deserve.

User avatar
Liar Revealed
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Location: Starbucksville, Burgerland

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Charlar wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am
Only good Alien movie was AVP.
Guest posting was a mistake
Yeah, if you're going to troll, at least say it was AVP:R.
"Jaws was never my scene, and I don't like Star Wars." - Freddie Mercury

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: He he he he

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm
Rushy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 am
John Carpenter's The Thing is a masterpiece, no two ways about it. Loved how it subvertes typical slasher tropes by having the characters realize the threat early on and actively fight against it(no endless wandering-jumpscares etc).
The cast was great, the paranoid tension between them was just sublime. And the ambiguity at the morbid end - perfect. Loved it.
I ignored the 2011 prequel or whatever the hell it was supposed to be, though.
Damn, I am tempted. It's that or Alien 3.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4386
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm
Rushy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:31 am
John Carpenter's The Thing is a masterpiece, no two ways about it. Loved how it subvertes typical slasher tropes by having the characters realize the threat early on and actively fight against it(no endless wandering-jumpscares etc).
The cast was great, the paranoid tension between them was just sublime. And the ambiguity at the morbid end - perfect. Loved it.
It's one of my favorite movies of all time for all the reasons you mentioned. I ignored the 2011 prequel or whatever the hell it was supposed to be, though.
Love that movie (the original, not the presequel)

And nothing killed my boner for regular television more than watching the movie on TV and realizing that the nimrods running the channel censored the shit out it, cutting out so much stuff that it was impossible to tell wtf just happened everytime the Thing hulked out.

(Mind you this aired after midnight and every single commercial during that time was for a sex hotline.)

User avatar
da PAC Nigguh
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Movie Thread

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 am
Only good Alien movie was AVP: Requiem.
Fixed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest