Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 am

Fullmetal Alchemist is also pretty gud. Haven't watched either animu though.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1743
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

Charlar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:14 am
Only problem is after looking up on some sites the oters seems to be really expensive
What others?
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 am
Charlar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am
Let's say i wanted to buy myself mangas and or animes for Christmas and or my birth soon after, what would you recommend? I don't mean moeshit or other embarrassing shit, i mean stuff that manly and or has an interesting story
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...

...though in all seriousness it actually is good. It's just gay in a He-Man kind of way.

Others:

Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Berserk
Blame
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (the movie is garbage by comparison)
Vinland Saga
Don't think I didn't see Blame! in there. :lol: Good shit though. Hope that means you read it.

GANTZ is another huge one for me. The teenagers actually act and sound like real teens. The main character is a selfish, cowardly, horny dick. But that's because he's a typical teenager. The girls are typical teenage girls. Some of the kids are nerds, some are jocks, sometimes there are yakuza and japanese businessmen, etc. The quality of character writing is very high. Some people didn't like the third act twist, but I personally had no issues at all with it. It felt like a natural conclusion from all the "death games" happening beforehand. If those games hadn't led to anything, I would have felt cheated. The bulk of the character development happens in the final third anyway.

Blade of the Immortal is beloved the world over, and for good reason. The art only improves and the final few volumes are some of the best art I've ever seen.

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Poonoo
Site Admin
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Poonoo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 am
Poonoo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:48 am
Charlar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am
Let's say i wanted to buy myself mangas and or animes for Christmas and or my birth soon after, what would you recommend? I don't mean moeshit or other embarrassing shit, i mean stuff that manly and or has an interesting story
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...

...though in all seriousness it actually is good. It's just gay in a He-Man kind of way.

Others:

Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Berserk
Blame
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (the movie is garbage by comparison)
Vinland Saga
Don't think I didn't see Blame! in there. :lol: Good shit though. Hope that means you read it.

GANTZ is another huge one for me. The teenagers actually act and sound like real teens. The main character is a selfish, cowardly, horny dick. But that's because he's a typical teenager. The girls are typical teenage girls. Some of the kids are nerds, some are jocks, sometimes there are yakuza and japanese businessmen, etc. The quality of character writing is very high. Some people didn't like the third act twist, but I personally had no issues at all with it. It felt like a natural conclusion from all the "death games" happening beforehand. If those games hadn't led to anything, I would have felt cheated. The bulk of the character development happens in the final third anyway.

Blade of the Immortal is beloved the world over, and for good reason. The art only improves and the final few volumes are some of the best art I've ever seen.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Read the first volume of Blame, I knew once I typed that you'd grin you fucking weeb.

Funny you mention Blade of the Immortal, just read the first volume a few days ago, unlike Lobe Wolf and Cub (still good) I don't get burned out from continuously reading a bunch of short stories.
Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 pm
The main problem with the movement is that it's a movement in the first place.

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:59 am

The art improves so much between volume 1 and volume 30 it's fucking unreal, and the blade of the immortal guy was winning art awards pretty much from day 1.

The story is a lot like the japanese film Kill! or 3 Outlaw Samurai. It's a typical japanese samurai story of honor and revenge mixed with some modern-day alternative fashions a la Samurai Champloo. In fact, Champloo's better 2 and 3-parters feel and look a lot like Blade of the Immortal.

I should also recommend Shigurui: Death Frenzy. The manga is wild. There's shit in there that I've never seen in any other story, japanese or otherwise. It's like mixing Videodrome/The Thing with Yojinbo.

Image

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 am

Man, I think I need to start reading Blade of the Immortal again. Dunno why I stopped in the first place, the villains there were lovingly deranged.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:15 am

Charlar wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am
i mean stuff that manly
M.D. Geist
and since Shigurui was mentioned, then obviously Apocalypse Zero
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 am
Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:26 am
Harmony Gold
How old are you, nigga?
Nyaa has TV captures of them from MySpleen.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 am
I wouldn't post if a dub actor died. They are literally nobodies to me, unless they happen to have a successful voice acting career outside of dubs.
>implying VAs aren't nobodies
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 5036
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:16 am
I wouldn't post if a dub actor died. They are literally nobodies to me, unless they happen to have a successful voice acting career outside of dubs.
>implying VAs aren't nobodies
mad bum wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 am
That's maybe why Jotaro is arguably the most popular jojo character because he isn't "gay" posing around but just badass, sorta like guts from berserk.
It's not even remotely gay. It's turbo masculine, which is why fags like that stuff.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 am
lovingly deranged.
Careful with that phrasing there, bruh.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
Rapeculture wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am
Have I forgotten to call Lindsay a cunt today?

User avatar
Liar Revealed
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Location: Starbucksville, Burgerland

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Fist of the North Star just released a nifty new Blu-Ray SD, with the entire series on 3 discs
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fist-of-t ... ay/184222/
"Hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars." - Freddie Mercury

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rabidtictac and 2 guests