Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 am
I guess this goes here as Failous doesn't have his own thread. He pronounced the DBZ character Oob's name in a stupid katakana weeb way "Ubu". People corrected him and he got pissy.
I got triggered something fierce when he had the nerve to mispronounce Hatsune Miku's name in another video. It didn't even make sense to bring her up anyways 'cause that BB-8 bootleg clearly played the original, non-Vocaloid version of Ievan Polkka.

(I should stop watching him for Schadenfreude)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 pm
The original Dragon Ball was great. It had a sense of humor. I still like the "Z" portion up until the Majin Boo arc. That chapter dragged on forever and seemed pointless.

I think Toei realized that the original was better than Z and that's why they tried to go backwards, which they shouldn't have done, and gave us GT. Going backwards, making characters weaker, is incredibly frustrating to watch.

I liked that Super tried to go forward. But there's not a lot left to do with these characters that hasn't been done already. So we're just going to get the gang fighting dull aliens villains from dimension Asspull from now until eternity.
When I was watching DBZ for the first time I stopped watching after the Great Saiyaman arc and at the beginning of the 25th world martial arts tournament. I returned to it in high school and watched the Buu saga and GT and I still could find the buu saga kind of entertaining, not so much for GT. Beforehand I only heard or read stuff about GT, and ideas seemed ok on paper, but the execution was shit.

Super is strange for every interesting decision they make, they immediately counter it with something indefinitely more stupid.
  • new type of powerup that requires a different type of KI, that could possibly be mastered by other fighters rendering them more useful to the story => canonize Super Saiyan recolors the whole rainbow (red, blue , bluer green, pink)
  • whole multiverse of possibilities, a whole 11 new universes to explore => make a tournament arc that will feature two thirds of the strongest so we will never need to explore those universes and remove them afterwards.
  • introduce female saiyans => don't introduce them as full mastered super saiyans, but as frieza-tier prodigies that master the form in mere seconds after knowing about it, fight on par with martial arts masters and to top it all off make the more dyke one go on Broly-level tism fits when she gets jealous.
Liar Revealed wrote:
I guess this goes here as Failous doesn't have his own thread. He pronounced the DBZ character Oob's name in a stupid katakana weeb way "Ubu". People corrected him and he got pissy.
Generally he seemed rather bored during this one, like he really didn't want to make these any more.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Up to episode 73 of Fist of the North Star, skipped Filler that was boring. Is there anything worth watching after Raoh death?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 pm

You could probably say the series peaked there, but I still love the stuff that comes later.
It can be very weird and different and some people hate it, though. But the villain in the next arc is literally Ivan Drago.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 pm
You could probably say the series peaked there, but I still love the stuff that comes later.
It can be very weird and different and some people hate it, though. But the villain in the next arc is literally Ivan Drago.
Yeah i read the summary and i thought to watch only the parts that are interesting and avoid the padding and filler. Someone i know told me the 2003 series handles better the post-Raoh stuff
-All fanbases are shit

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 pm

The Gento arcs and Asura arcs were only adapted in the TV anime. The 2003 "New Fist of the North Star" OVA is another story based on a light novel that takes place after all that.

I made up a list of what episodes were filler on the wiki:
http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Filler
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 pm
The Gento arcs and Asura arcs were only adapted in the TV anime. The 2003 "New Fist of the North Star" OVA is another story based on a light novel that takes place after all that.

I made up a list of what episodes were filler on the wiki:
http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Filler
So Toki fight with Raoh isFiller? I thought at the end of Souther arc Raoh pretty much days he and Toki will fight, i thought it was in the manga
-All fanbases are shit

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 am

Yeah, that's in the manga. Raoh fights Koryu first, then Toki.
お前はもう死んでいる。

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 am

sigh wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 pm
The original Dragon Ball was great. It had a sense of humor. I still like the "Z" portion up until the Majin Boo arc. That chapter dragged on forever and seemed pointless.

I think Toei realized that the original was better than Z and that's why they tried to go backwards, which they shouldn't have done, and gave us GT. Going backwards, making characters weaker, is incredibly frustrating to watch.

I liked that Super tried to go forward. But there's not a lot left to do with these characters that hasn't been done already. So we're just going to get the gang fighting dull aliens villains from dimension Asspull from now until eternity.
When I was watching DBZ for the first time I stopped watching after the Great Saiyaman arc and at the beginning of the 25th world martial arts tournament. I returned to it in high school and watched the Buu saga and GT and I still could find the buu saga kind of entertaining, not so much for GT. Beforehand I only heard or read stuff about GT, and ideas seemed ok on paper, but the execution was shit.

Super is strange for every interesting decision they make, they immediately counter it with something indefinitely more stupid.
  • new type of powerup that requires a different type of KI, that could possibly be mastered by other fighters rendering them more useful to the story => canonize Super Saiyan recolors the whole rainbow (red, blue , bluer green, pink)
  • whole multiverse of possibilities, a whole 11 new universes to explore => make a tournament arc that will feature two thirds of the strongest so we will never need to explore those universes and remove them afterwards.
  • introduce female saiyans => don't introduce them as full mastered super saiyans, but as frieza-tier prodigies that master the form in mere seconds after knowing about it, fight on par with martial arts masters and to top it all off make the more dyke one go on Broly-level tism fits when she gets jealous.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Generally he seemed rather bored during this one, like he really didn't want to make these any more.
My summary opinion on all the arcs:

Dragon Ball/Kid Goku stuff was totally fine, whatever.

Saiyan Saga was breddy gud, lots of twists and some high stakes.

Frieza saga was ok. It went on too long and was the start of DBZ's stereotype of overly long powerup fests. "This isn't even my final form" etc. Lots of shitty characters like Dodoria and the Ginyu Fucks. Alternate planet dragon balls was a shitty asspull to bring back characters they had established couldn't be revived IIRC.

Androids saga was ok. I like future trunks and the terminator timeline shit. I liked how fucked the future was, and it was satisfying to see trunks return to his future at the end and kill everything. Androids 17 and 18 were ok characters. Not too much bullshit powering up IIRC.

Cell Games were not good. Too much bullshit powering up and characters being retards just so Cell wouldn't die and could power up more. Too many characters were written out of the story by this point. The power creep had gotten so bad that a pimple off of Cell's body could beat everyone except Gohan, because muh main character shounen jump

Buu Saga was fucking awful. Characters suddenly act way out of character and everyone is retarded for no raisin. The only part of this story that I liked was Mr. Satan befriending Buu and his puppy. The entire storyline is one huge asspull for how come characters can keep powering up infinitely. The only good new character imo is Videl but it's kind of bullshit she can be in combat doing things while the entire old human cast have been replaced. You're telling me some thot Gohan likes can be super saiyan-tier, but Krillin, Piccolo, Tien and Yamcha can't. Even though they've been training for years before she was born. GG

I didn't read/watch anything after this because the mango stops here and I was sick of dragon ball by that point.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 am
The only good new character imo is Videl but it's kind of bullshit she can be in combat doing things while the entire old human cast have been replaced. You're telling me some thot Gohan likes can be super saiyan-tier, but Krillin, Piccolo, Tien and Yamcha can't. Even though they've been training for years before she was born. GG
How long ago since you read it? Videl is fucking useless. She's more powerful than her dad because she can actually use Ki, but otherwise she's about as useful as the other human characters. She has one fight, which she loses and then she's basically relegated to 'support character' for the rest of the arc. Ironically Satan ends up being much more useful in the arc despite his lack of special powers.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.