Weebshit Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Weebshit Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:09 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 am
Can anybody recommend some good 20th century anime movies or OVAs?
I don't really dig modern stuff and I don't really have the time or patience to invest in entire TV series.
Anything made by the ninja scroll guy is good.

Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Probably some other shit I forgot about. This nigga has made a ton of shit and it's all enjoyable. Bloodlust was a standout though because the story is good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 am
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:41 am
Uh i need to know what you like before i can recommend
I like a lot of stuff. I don't (usually) like harem, moe, or sports anime. And of course no gay shit like shonen-ai, yaoi, shota, or futanari.

If it's a super famous anime, I've probably already seen it. Like, I've already seen Ghibli, GITS, Akira and the like.
Well what have you seen already so i avoid recommending stuff you already saw
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:09 am
Ninja Scroll
I've seen most of his stuff, but you just reminded me that his Midnight Eye Goku OVA is finally on DVD. Is based on a manga that was created by Buichi Terasawa, the guy that made Cobra. Just ordered that. I also ordered Golgo 13. It's a 50-episode TV series, but from the episodes that I've seen, it is a pretty awesome one that's worth investing the time into.
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 am
A lot. Too much to list. I now realize that I'm probably asking too much. But if there's an obscure hidden gem title that you remember, please post.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:23 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:09 am
Ninja Scroll
I've seen most of his stuff, but you just reminded me that his Midnight Eye Goku OVA is finally on DVD. Is based on a manga that was created by Buichi Terasawa, the guy that made Cobra. Just ordered that. I also ordered Golgo 13. It's a 50-episode TV series, but from the episodes that I've seen, it is a pretty awesome one that's worth investing the time into.
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 am
A lot. Too much to list. I now realize that I'm probably asking too much. But if there's an obscure hidden gem title that you remember, please post.
I don't remember these 100% but here's stuff:
Sabage-bu, one season and an untranslated manga
Kenomo no Souja Erin
House of Five Leaves
Gatchaman, you need to tolerate crossdressing from two characters
Glass Mask, if you like it Ranguko has moments like it
Kaiba
World Masterpiece Theater
Gin no saji (Silver Spoon)
Kimi to boku, surprisingly decent despite having the word boku in there
Barakamon
Gargatia on the Verdant Planet
If you want more later ask
-All fanbases are shit

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 am

Nice! I've only seen one of these:
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:23 am
I never saw the entire series, but I remember Berg Katze having a female form. I can't remember what the reason for that was. Who was the other tranny?
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 am
Nice! I've only seen one of these:
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:23 am
I never saw the entire series, but I remember Berg Katze having a female form. I can't remember what the reason for that was. Who was the other tranny?
Looking it up it was Rui
-All fanbases are shit

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 am

Ah, OK. That's a character from Gatchaman Crowds. I've never seen that one.
Berg Katse was a weird hermaphro-tranny even in the original show from the '70s.
http://gatchaman.wikia.com/wiki/Berg_Katse

The classic TV series are extremely long, so I've only seen scattered episodes. The OVA version was almost great, but those oh-so-90s plainclothes designs for the heroes are just painful to look at. The 70s version has aged better in that regard.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 am

Try to not be a faggot and watch Trailer Park Boys. It's my favourite anime.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:08 am
Try to not be a faggot and watch Trailer Park Boys. It's my favourite anime.
Mine too. Corey in the House is a decent anime too, story is a bit meh but the animation still holds up to modern standards.

But seriously, I recently watched Now and Then, Here and There, a 13 episode series with a similar tone to Grave of the Fireflies but deals with child soldiers and how war can change people into monsters. I was surprised how good it was considering I had heard nothing about it when people talk about Barefoot Gen or Grave of the Fireflies, it even had a good ending too unlike a lot of anime that tends to fall on it's ass at the end.

It gets pretty damn heavy at times without relying and gore and rape scenes for shock value.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:39 am

If we're talking about chill anime and unique anime, I have a lot of them.

I really like Mushishi. It's a hippie paranormal investigation show like X-Files, except a lot more relaxed. It's about mankind living in balance with nature and shit, except the show isn't just about how evil and bad white people are. Sometimes animals are assholes too and the show understands that.

Another one I like is Moribito. It's hard to put into words what makes it special. I guess this show, more than anything, creates a world that feels real and lived-in. Characters feel like actual people, with full histories, wants, needs and prejudices. This isn't really a show with "good guys" and "bad guys." Every character fundamentally believes they're doing, if not the right thing, then the best thing they can do at that moment. People make mistakes and change their opinions in the course of the series. And this extends to the action, which has a sense of weight and purpose. The series doesn't have much violence in it, but it always leaves lasting consequences and carries impact.

Casshern Sins is a dope post-apocalyptic animu about robots slowly dying in a wasteland. You might like it.

I always shill certain mangos in this section, like Priest, Blame and Ajin, but the animu/adaptations for those are dogshit.

Deadman Wonderland and Tokyo Ghoul had the potential to be okay, but they ended up fucking awful. No idea about Attack on Plebbit, but one presumes the same was true for that series. Likewise Terra Formars was interesting until it became generic shounen action. My Hero Plebademia is the DBZ of current year. Seems inoffensive, cashes in on capeshit craze, but ultimately doesn't grab me at all. *dons hipster glasses* I liked One Punch Man before it became That One Thing Everyone Likes.

Gantz is fucking dope as shit though. Gantz is amazing. A lot of mangos are trying so hard to be Gantz, and none of them can come up with half of the wacked-out, hilarious, amazing shit Gantz has in it. I bet your Trailer Park Boys doesn't have a dude suffocating to death in a pile of living breasts.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome