Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Not enough funk.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Ah, so you chose mr.Beyblade, close friend of SpaceStation 3. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I fucking love this season. Josuke being a Rider with drills and written by the Gurren Lagann guys.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:18 pm

SpoilerShow
I think you mean Gentaro Kisaragi aka Fourze.

Though Gentaro didn't have much screentime in Super Sentai x Kamen Rider, he stole the show hard when he jumped into the Go-Buster's mech and effectively turned it into Gurren Lagann. It's a shame in hindsight that the animu never had a Giga Driller Breaker Kick.

I also appreciate that Mr. Beyblade's mentor looks like the lost 3rd member of Daft Punk.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm not much of a weeb I guess because I could never really get into these tokusatsu/sentai shows. I've watched some of the one-off, more grown-up movies like Hakaider and enjoyed them well enough.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 pm

It's really all about finding a show that isn't too stupid for your taste.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:39 pm

You'll probably love the Zebraman films, or just the first one really. Maybe even enjoy Lionmaru G due to its twist.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:18 pm
SpoilerShow
I think you mean Gentaro Kisaragi aka Fourze.

Though Gentaro didn't have much screentime in Super Sentai x Kamen Rider, he stole the show hard when he jumped into the Go-Buster's mech and effectively turned it into Gurren Lagann. It's a shame in hindsight that the animu never had a Giga Driller Breaker Kick.

I also appreciate that Mr. Beyblade's mentor looks like the lost 3rd member of Daft Punk.
SpoilerShow
Who do you think Gentaro is based on? :D

Super Robot Wars though kinda grants your wish as is usually the case.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:05 pm

I only watched the first Zebraman, though I am aware there's at least one other. It's like Akibaranger in (mostly) serious.
SpoilerShow
Looool, and here I thought Gentaro just had typical deliquent hair. Guess all that fanart finally makes sense :lol:

And of course does SRW deliver. It always does.
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:22 pm

ban wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:39 pm
You'll probably love the Zebraman films, or just the first one really. Maybe even enjoy Lionmaru G due to its twist.
I saw the first Zebraman movie and really liked it. I think it was a Miike movie. It's funny when Miike does a family film, he can't help putting a little sick content in it. Like I think there's a line where a guy says that he fucked a prostitute and now his dick itches.

The closest think to a tokusatsu TV series I watched was Sukeban Deka (I&II). It was shot in the mid-80s and was a nostalgia trip for me, plus the girls were cute. I also watched the entire Lone Wolf and Cub series. It was really great.
お前はもう死んでいる。

ban

Post by ban » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:31 pm

VoiceShow
Lionmaru G is basically (serious) Akibaranger. But Zebraman just deals with the whole meta commentary on heroes shit, a decade before James Gunn even attempted it with Super and before Kickass was mainstream. As for Gentaro, while his hair isn't exaggerated, the autistic attention he gives his hairstyle and all that should have clued you in. :mrgreen:
Zebraman definitely isn't a family movie. A Miike family movie is the Phoenix Wright live action movie. Zebraman is basically one of the edgy TOEI films they usually shoot from time to time like Kamen Rider THE FIRST, Kamen Rider Amazons etc.

Those are basically good old jap tv series. A tokusatsu would be either something with monsters like Godzila etc or costume fighters and shit like Zebraman, the Power Rangers(Super Sentai in japan) and so on. Depends on what you want to actually see.
He warned youShow

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 am

I saw Zebraman ages ago so I don't remember much, other than it was a guy and a kid who were fans of a forgotten, campy old tokusatsu show. I saw his live-action Yatterman and it also had a weird moment with giant mecha-creatures moaning orgasmically.
お前はもう死んでいる。