Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 pm
It has one amazing scene where the Avatar reminds the Earthbenders that they are surrounded by earth (they were imprisoned on essentially an oil rig in the cartoon to mitigate this little flaw; at least until they remember that they could also bend coal).
And then it gets even better as the revolting Earthbenders need an entire interpretive dance troupe to gently throw a single rock.
What an absolute shit acting. If that's the best the movie has to offer, this must be one spectacular pile of turd. Maybe I should watch it tonight, but I will regret it...
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 pm

There's also a "tell, don't show" part where the narrator tells us that they befriend the Princess of Snow or whatever "immediately", which is always a sign of quality screenplay.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:11 pm

They just had to condense the entire first season into a single movie.
Not only does this mean that the narrator reigns supreme, but they also had to cut out cool shit like that creepy centipede monster.

(The entire gimmick is that he'll steal your face if he sees you showing any kind of emotion. That would've worked perfectly with the wooden acting in the movie :lol: )
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 pm

The Last Airbender is the biggest disappointment since Nickelodeon canned the show in the first place. But yes Veris, the entire movie is like this from what I can remember.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:45 pm

If you compare it to The Room in terms of watchability, just imagine half the funny scenes in that replaced with more sex scenes.
That boulder levitating scene is basically the best bit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:28 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 pm
Has anyone here watched M. Night Shitamalan's The Last Airbender? Is it worth a watch? I mean, I know it's shit because it's Shitamalan, but is it shit in any entertaining way, like The Room? I'm not familiar with the cartoon and I couldn't care less how good or crap adaptation the movie is.
I haven't seen it either, but if the Netflix Death Note is anything to base an assessment off of, I'd avoid it.
ebin namefag wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:12 am
Sorry DHI but I cant have this shitpost finished by Friday. I've been farting nonstop for days. Its impossible to sit by the computer in this state.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:36 pm

I heard Kathleen Kennedy is the one who decided all the main kids in the movie should be white.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:37 pm

The Force may be female, but Chi is white.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm

[youtubemobile][/youtubemobile]
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:37 pm
The Force may be female, but Chi is white.
Power is white in general.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:55 am

I'm not a faggot who watches cartoons so the Airbender movie wasn't that bad. The concept was tarded but it wasn't awful, and the evil daughter at the end was hot AF.

I'm sick of horror movies that aren't actually horror but are allegories for real life bullshit. First there was It Follows, which was really about stds. Now there's Relic, a movie about an old woman and her daughter and granddaughter in a haunted house. Turns out it was actually about dementia. I was like WTF? at the ending, and had to google it just to find out the dumbshit woman director was trying to make a statement. It literally does not work as a horror movie at all. It's just fart sniffing.