The Metal thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 am

Favorites: Judas Priest, Motorhead, High On Fire, Blind Guardian, Overkill, Megadeth, Immortal, Deicide, Carcass, Bathory, Iron Maiden


I'm wondering when Kevin Shirley is gonna find his balls that he lost during the making of Counterparts and tell Steve Harris to fuck off with the X-Factor rewrites.
"Recognize humanity for what it is and play the game."

Said every lazy, faggot, cuckold, child molester ever.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Is there anybody into metal that doesn't like Motörhead?
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Always two, there are. No more, no less. A Spoony and a Cuckson.

User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Is there anybody into metal that doesn't like Motörhead?
Pussies.
"Recognize humanity for what it is and play the game."

Said every lazy, faggot, cuckold, child molester ever.

User avatar
Poonoo
Site Admin
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:34 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Is there anybody into metal that doesn't like Motörhead?
Pussies.
That's no true, Razorfist is a pussy but he likes Motörhead.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 am

So he claims.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Always two, there are. No more, no less. A Spoony and a Cuckson.

User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am

Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please? Besides I feel like I could list every insult of tasteless plebian that doesn't listen to Motorhead and they would all still apply to him.

Can we all admit that Anvil always has been and always will a terrible band? I can think of 15, if not 50 bands that deserved that documentary and fame more than they did (and probably would have put the momentum to better use).
"Recognize humanity for what it is and play the game."

Said every lazy, faggot, cuckold, child molester ever.

User avatar
Poonoo
Site Admin
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am

Can we all admit that Anvil always has been and always will a terrible band? I can think of 15, if not 50 bands that deserved that documentary and fame more than they did (and probably would have put the momentum to better use).
But some of their songs like Metal on Metal sound like Spinal Tap. The whole "Spinal Tap in real life" thing was the appeal of the documentary, it wouldn't have been successful otherwise.

You know a band from around that time that actually needed it? Riot, thank fuck for Brutal Legend helping out a bit, their songs are fucking amazing and all I can think of while listening is HOW DID THEY NOT MAKE IT? It makes no sense, the singer was perfectly fine which usually kills many great bands, the songs were radio length and catchy with memorable hooks.

User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:37 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 am
You know a band from around that time that actually needed it? Riot, thank fuck for Brutal Legend helping out a bit, their songs are fucking amazing and all I can think of while listening is HOW DID THEY NOT MAKE IT? It makes no sense, the singer was perfectly fine which usually kills many great bands, the songs were radio length and catchy with memorable hooks.
This is why.
Image

Furries would run away screaming from that album cover. It's a shame too because that album rules. And from what I hear Thundersteel was even better.
"Recognize humanity for what it is and play the game."

Said every lazy, faggot, cuckold, child molester ever.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:47 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am
Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please?
Absolutely.
My favourite bands are Bolt Thrower, Slayer, Judas Priest, Hail of Bullets, Kreator, Sodom, Exodus and Motörhead.
There are other bands I like, even including some "Metalcore" bands like Neaera, Maroon or Heaven Shall Burn but that's neither here nor there since depending on the album you could call most of them Metalcore, Deathcore or just plain Death Metal.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Always two, there are. No more, no less. A Spoony and a Cuckson.

User avatar
Pope Corky III
Posts: 491
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: The Metal thread

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:52 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:47 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am
Can we NOT talk about him in this thread, please?
Absolutely.
My favourite bands are Bolt Thrower, Slayer, Judas Priest, Hail of Bullets, Kreator, Sodom, Exodus and Motörhead.
There are other bands I like, even including some "Metalcore" bands like Neaera, Maroon or Heaven Shall Burn but that's neither here nor there since depending on the album you could call most of them Metalcore, Deathcore or just plain Death Metal.
Calling Heaven Shall Burn death metal would trigger a sperg in me so autistic Chris Chan would seem normal.

With Hail of Bullets, I'm assuming you're a fan of Martin Van Druren in general and are also familiar with Pestilence?
"Recognize humanity for what it is and play the game."

Said every lazy, faggot, cuckold, child molester ever.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest