Genderneutered MTV awards

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
sigh

Genderneutered MTV awards

Post by sigh » Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Don't really care about the politics of this. To be quiet honest I see this as a great opurtunity to get rid of those 'awards to white' controversies all together and jump over the phase of genderfluid awards. Give award to a check every year and all stupid shit about the awards will be over with. I would drop the supporting acting person award as well, why create artifical divisions between leading roles and episodic characters.
Though I cannot understand how did she win. Did she recreate an animated character that well? Aren't there really no one better?

asdf

Re: Genderneutered MTV awards

Post by asdf » Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 am

Context?

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 am

sigh wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:57 pm
Don't really care about the politics of this. To be quiet honest I see this as a great opurtunity to get rid of those 'awards to white' controversies all together and jump over the phase of genderfluid awards. Give award to a check every year and all stupid shit about the awards will be over with. I would drop the supporting acting person award as well, why create artifical divisions between leading roles and episodic characters.
Though I cannot understand how did she win. Did she recreate an animated character that well? Aren't there really no one better?
Who are you talking about?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

sigh

Post by sigh » Tue May 09, 2017 6:49 am

2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards, I don't really care, nobody cares, so to gather some attention at all they introduced the concept of gender neutral acting awards, so man and woman can compete fairly in the same category. At first I thought it's stupid, but longer I've been thinking than I came to the realization that as opposed to sports this can actually work. Moreover it could possibly be a cure for the 'Oscars are too white' dilemma, because if you create a conflict of oppression interests you could just give the award to a black actress to not fall into gridlock. That may be naive, but I see this as a better path then creating separate awards for trans, genderfluid or other races.

The winner of the first ever gender neutral award in the 'Best Actor in a Movie' category was: Emma Watson for her portrayal of Bella in this years live action adaptation of 'Beauty and the Beast'. I am astounded that she won an award for recreating an animated character. To be fair I didn't see the movie and maybe she was just so outstanding in it, but still I cannot fathom why this kinds of movies are being made in the first place. I know money, and stuff, but seriously everyone wants to see every Disney cartoon in live action now? Maybe this will be the death to the capeshit craze.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue May 09, 2017 7:04 am

The real issue is that you are talking about MTV awards. They have always been a joke, but now they are pandering hard to this SJW shit with this. They actually think young people care about this? Teenagers are on youtube, and they fucking love PewDiePie and JonTron, who hate this shit too. This will only fuel the right wing uprising amongst the post-millennials.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Who cares about "Dear White People" MTV? That channel hasn't been relevant for almost a decade now. Video killed the radio star and internet killed the video star.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 09, 2017 4:49 pm

The MTV Awards are about as much as a joke as any given media award from Germany.

And they were really hyping that shit? Is it really that special to have a movie/TV award that doesn't care what you have between your legs?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 09, 2017 9:26 pm

sigh wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 6:49 am
I know money, and stuff, but seriously everyone wants to see every Disney cartoon in live action now?
They didn't know they wanted to until Disney marketing execs told them they did. That's what is going on here. And now Disney is set up for a new Marvel Cinematic Universe and can re-release all their old animated movies as new, live-action films (triple and quadruple-dipping their fans, or maybe I should say teabagging their fans, for full price) with famous actors and actresses and no animation demands.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Angelina Jolie already played the witch in Snow White (or whatever it's called), didn't she?
They have attempted this shit before.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 4:49 pm
Is it really that special to have a movie/TV award that doesn't care what you have between your legs?
Not really, no. Best director and score and all kinds of shit have always been "gender neutral".
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm astounded Emma Watson WON AN AWARD. She's such a non-entity she makes Natalie Portman look positively charismatic.