Guilty pleasures

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Guilty pleasures

Post by Rushy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 am

I'm drunk too.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am

Louis CK continuing to piss people off just by existing is a definite guilty pleasure for me.

He went on at the Funny Bone in Albany tonight (Thursday night) for a show that was announced the same day and sold out in less than an hour. Best I can tell it went off without a problem. (Also, all cellphones and other recording devices were held in quarantine at the door, though I guess you could sneak in something up your ass if you really wanted.)
However @Bagelandtomato feels, I bet the Albany Funny Bone is feeling pretty good.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 7:31 am
Dynasty Warriors is a good bet for me. Mindless, but that's sometimes just right when I'm in the mood for it. Though it's highly unlikely I'll ever buy a Dynasty Warriors 9 unless it really shakes things up. And it even made me go buy the actual Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I don't know anyone's stance on Adam West, but that 1966 Batman movie is by far my favorite. It's so stupid that's it's just fun to watch. If I had to pick a single movie to watch for the rest of my life, it'd be this one.

Another big one are magical girls. I dunno why, but I guess Bleach violated me so much I became transgenre. At least it causes me to find the occasional sick tune.
Since I'm also a tokusatsu dork, I hit peak autism with live-action Sailor Moon. Something about them using talking cat plushies, reusing Putty costumes and weird mood dissonances (it's somehow both the grimdarkest and silliest incarnation of the first story arc) makes it hard to turn my eyes away.
Fuck yeah Toku, I’m more of a rider fan and am watching Amazons right now, it’s fun. And I’m a sucker for magical girls too, it’s probably why my guilty pleasure is that Miraculous Ladybug (My phone corrected that to ladyboy) show we were talking about.

90% of the villains would not exist if they’d just get rid of that blonde cunt.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 am
Louis CK continuing to piss people off just by existing is a definite guilty pleasure for me.

He went on at the Funny Bone in Albany tonight (Thursday night) for a show that was announced the same day and sold out in less than an hour. Best I can tell it went off without a problem. (Also, all cellphones and other recording devices were held in quarantine at the door, though I guess you could sneak in something up your ass if you really wanted.)
I wouldn't call any of this a guilty pleasure for me. SJWs continuing to be triggered by one of their own for pointing out how stupid their bullshit is whilst at the very same time continuing to sell out and make money despite their continued screeching? Fucking music to my ears
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:29 pm
Aladin is loved by everybody, once again no guilty pleasure.
It might just be my most watched movie after Werner: Beinhart. I absolutely loved that movie as a kid.
I have a 3 year old and newborn nephew, I get to watch them all again lol, more times than id like too! :lol:
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Speaking of Alladin.... here's a TRUE GUILTY PLEASURE....

https://youtu.be/-77cUxba-aA

Give it till the 30 minute mark at least.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 am
Fuck yeah Toku, I’m more of a rider fan and am watching Amazons right now, it’s fun. And I’m a sucker for magical girls too, it’s probably why my guilty pleasure is that Miraculous Ladybug (My phone corrected that to ladyboy) show we were talking about.

It's like when hipster capeshit psychologists suggest that Batman is responsible for all the weirdoes cropping up in Gotham.

I should reader watch more Rider stuff. The only one I've watched completely as of now is Kuuga, and that show was fucking rad. Also lol @ dat autocorrect.

I may have also watched a bit too much Pretty Cure. It's basically Super Sentai with 100% waifu, and the fight scenes are better shounenshit than Current Year shounenshit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm
Old Black Man wrote:

It's like when hipster capeshit psychologists suggest that Batman is responsible for all the weirdoes cropping up in Gotham.
Are people still on that shit? That's some Moviebob tier big brain criticism. They addressed that criticism and pointed out why it's bullshit in an episode of the animated series, way back in the 90's. Most of the villains' origin stories don't have anything to do with Batman. At best they'd be less theatrical without his influence on the setting and just be your standard bank robbers, kidnappers, rapists, and serial killers. The only one who's existence is directly tied to Batman is The Joker, and that's more of a "Batman should just kill him" problem.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm
Old Black Man wrote:

I should reader watch more Rider stuff. The only one I've watched completely as of now is Kuuga, and that show was fucking rad. Also lol @ dat autocorrect.

I may have also watched a bit too much Pretty Cure. It's basically Super Sentai with 100% waifu, and the fight scenes are better shounenshit than Current Year shounenshit.
Oh no dude, she legit causes it. Episodes go like this. Character is focused on, something happens to plunge character into despair, bad guy evils them, heroes find way to save them. And almost every single time that blonde bratty bitch is the one who makes them despair. Just tie her up and you’d have almost no villains.

Kuuga and Agito are next on my list after I finish W and Amazons. My first series was Wizard and I loved it, and then Ryuki which I didn’t really enjoy. The concept of a bunch of riders forced into a city wide battle royale to the death is great, but it has a bad habit of starting and stopping and just loses steam. Plus the decisions made by characters are fucking retarded.

I hear a lot about the Cure franchise, gonna check it out now that you’ve given me a solid recommendation. Yes I value your opinion. :lol: You seem to have good taste in weebshit.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Of Curse, ya can't move from Sentai to Cure without getting lotsa shoujoshit stuff. But then things go apeshit, and you have a main villain who can grow large enough to punch the Earth.
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:40 pm
Are people still on that shit? That's some Moviebob tier big brain criticism. They addressed that criticism and pointed out why it's bullshit in an episode of the animated series, way back in the 90's. Most of the villains' origin stories don't have anything to do with Batman. At best they'd be less theatrical without his influence on the setting and just be your standard bank robbers, kidnappers, rapists, and serial killers. The only one who's existence is directly tied to Batman is The Joker, and that's more of a "Batman should just kill him" problem.
My casual consumption of capeshit just had me notice that this appears to be a plot that keeps getting repeated every now and then when the writers run out of ideas. Kinda like how normies in Marvel always return to hating the X-Men more than every other kind of capeshitter.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette