STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Seele

STD

Post by Seele » Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am

This can go one or two ways. Either this'll be "successful" due to the obvious political agenda bias behind it that'll artificially inflate the ratings or it'll get cancelled (hopefully) before a second season is made.

Either way, this looks like fanfic-tier horseshit that may turn out to be even worse than the JJverse movies. It's yet another fucking Star Trek prequel with another female captain, except she's not the main character and they'll have a pandering "strong independent" negress as the main protagonist who was raised as a vulcan and becomes depressed to find out she isn't genetically vulcan and vows to go find her place in society because "progress", apparently. The CGI's also terrible & the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. It's cringey as hell.

You know it's bad when even Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville" is more true to Star Trek than this cancer.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: STD

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Good thing I didn't get invested in any news about the show.

And how the fuck do you not know that you're not genetically Vulcan? Did they run her through some of that surgical raceswitch, which for her also had to include coloring her blood and giving her super-strength?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Seele wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am
they'll have a pandering "strong independent" negress as the main protagonist who was raised as a vulcan and becomes depressed to find out she isn't genetically vulcan and vows to go find her place in society because "progress", apparently.
So she's Rachel Dolezal as a Star Trek character?

This will probably fail because of CBS All-Access if no other reason. Nobody's going to pay to use yet another on-demand service, especially one that has like twenty minutes worth of commercials for every hour you watch
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

asdf

Post by asdf » Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm

I love how these random alien races have special powers for no reason, now.

I CAN SENSE THE COMING OF DEATH.

Oh okay. Cool. What a great thing for your race to be able to do. What purpose would it serve to know death is coming, again? Do you know how it's going to happen? To who? When? Where? Why? No, no, no, no, and no? Then why even give the character that ability?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 19, 2017 5:31 pm

They're such a ripoff of the cyclops from Krull. Except his power actually worked.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Seele

Post by Seele » Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm
Good thing I didn't get invested in any news about the show.

And how the fuck do you not know that you're not genetically Vulcan? Did they run her through some of that surgical raceswitch, which for her also had to include coloring her blood and giving her super-strength?
She was raised amongst vulcan kind, but is rejected by most vulcans except for one who just so happens to conveniently be Spock's father. I'm guessing she still views herself as a vulcan despite her human origins, but it's just beyond stupid.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 pm

The only thing that looks remotely interesting is the ship.
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm

It's basically a 23rd century Akira-class.
Seele wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm
She was raised amongst vulcan kind, but is rejected by most vulcans except for one who just so happens to conveniently be Spock's father. I'm guessing she still views herself as a vulcan despite her human origins, but it's just beyond stupid.
To Spock: "I know you're basically a full Vulcan despite beeing a halfblood, but don't forget your human side, promise?"
To progressive protagonist: "You're just a human, but I'm okay with you being a vulcankin."

Makes sense to me.
-Yours Truly

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm
It's basically a 23rd century Akira-class.
Seele wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm
To Spock: "I know you're basically a full Vulcan despite beeing a halfblood, but don't forget your human side, promise?"
To progressive protagonist: "You're just a human, but I'm okay with you being a vulcankin."

Makes sense to me.
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't he awful for a long time towards Spock and his human wife because they respectively weren't full Vulcan genetically and a human? Didn't they have a TNG episode were he combine (i don't know what the proper word would be) to deal with his regrets over that? I'm only somewhat interested in Star Trek yet i call major bullshit over accepting a human identifying as a Vulcan especially in the time period this show is happening
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 pm

You're right, I confused him with Spock's mother. Now it makes even less sense.
-Yours Truly