STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: STD

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:08 am
'They wouldn't take drugs in the future', 'there wouldn't be any religion in the future', 'there wouldn't be petty interpersonal conflicts between co-workers in the future', 'men would sometimes wear dresses in the future' are all things he did/said
The Enterprise in TNG has a bar and drinks are often replicated. Religion is very much still alive in the universe, even among humans on colonies. There is plenty of petty bitching goin on. Ryker only wore a "dress" to that one female planet to fuck bitches.
Seems like he didn't follow his own vision of the future. :lol:
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Always two, there are. No more, no less. A Spoony and a Cuckson.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: STD

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:33 pm

And for an enlightened and progressive lot, they sure love going retro, enjoying Sherklock Holmes and 20th century baseball stars.

Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: STD

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:40 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:30 pm
The Enterprise in TNG has a bar and drinks are often replicated. Religion is very much still alive in the universe, even among humans on colonies. There is plenty of petty bitching goin on. Ryker only wore a "dress" to that one female planet to fuck bitches.
Seems like he didn't follow his own vision of the future. :lol:
Apart from the alcohol, which Roddenberry apparently doesn't consider a drug or at least a hard drug, all those things were either implemented or gotten rid of when Roddenberry lost control of TNG.
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: STD

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:25 pm

So what you're saying is that he got cucked by the TV stations. Good.
Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm
Always two, there are. No more, no less. A Spoony and a Cuckson.

User avatar
da PAC Nigguh
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am

Re: STD

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Roddenberry sucked. Know why TNG got exponentially better after season 2? Because that's when he lost creative control.

User avatar
Liar Revealed
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Location: Starbucksville, Burgerland

Re: STD

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm

The only time that Gene had full control was Star Trek: The Motion Picture and The Next Generation Seasons 1-2.
Sometimes these studio/network execs exist for a reason.

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: STD

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:35 pm
Roddenberry sucked. Know why TNG got exponentially better after season 2? Because that's when he lost creative control.
Trek as a whole got better when he lost control. DS9 had tons of shit in it that didn't fit his liberal utopian vision of the future.

Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: STD

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 pm

I've always said that Star Trek was good in spite of, not because of, Roddenberry.

I liked The Cage though.
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

User avatar
Cuckara
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: STD

Post by Cuckara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Roddenberry is pretty much the George Lucas of Star Trek. Although Roddenberry never made an Attack of the Clones tier mess.
"I'm a nasty cock slut" - Lewis Jeffrey Lovhaug

""How do I explain to my daughter incest is wrong?" Is it actually wrong? I don't know, this is like a... This is a crazy fucking thing." - Steven Kenneth Bonnell II

Keith Chegwin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am
Location: Outer Heaven

Re: STD

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 am

Doesn't TMP count? Fuck, doesn't any Wesley episode count?
You claim to be a player, but I fucked your wife. We bust on bad boys, niggas fucked for life

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests