Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Just wait for Disney to make their Indiana Jones movie. They'll be claiming Crystal Skull was good
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:48 am

While I do have to agree that George Lucas had very little planned, it isn't true to say he had nothing planned. He left Darth Vader alive at the end just in case they wanted to make a "Star Wars 2".

By the time The Empire Strikes Back came out, he did indeed have a 9-film plan, as Empire Strikes Back debuted as "Episode V". Luke's story would have taken 6 films, ending with a duel with The Emperor in episode 9. "The other" would have actually been a real, new character and not an "oh, Yoda meant Leia, and BTW she's your sister" retcon.

There were plans for Episodes I-III around 1979, but they were very, very vague.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 pm
Just wait for Disney to make their Indiana Jones movie. They'll be claiming Crystal Skull was good
Eh i don't known, Spielberg is still there and unless i'm wrong (which i admit i have been many, many times) isn't he more associated with Indiana Jones than Lucas?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 am
Eh i don't known, Spielberg is still there and unless i'm wrong (which i admit i have been many, many times) isn't he more associated with Indiana Jones than Lucas?
It's associated with both of them, and Crystal Skull was complete shit because of Lucas. Lucas wanted the aliens. Lucas wanted the Soviets (Frank Darabont's script had ex-Nazis as the villains). Lucas wanted the fridge scene, which he admitted. Lucas wanted Indiana Jones to have a son (although Spielberg wanted LaBoeuf specifically). That completely shitty movie is Lucas' fault more than anyone else's.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Aliens in Indiana Jones could work, but not if you make them weird, multi-dimensional things or something.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 pm
But it was good! Don't believe the fake news at RLM!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm
Charlar wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 am
It's associated with both of them, and Crystal Skull was complete shit because of Lucas. Lucas wanted the aliens. Lucas wanted the Soviets (Frank Darabont's script had ex-Nazis as the villains). Lucas wanted the fridge scene, which he admitted. Lucas wanted Indiana Jones to have a son (although Spielberg wanted LaBoeuf specifically). That completely shitty movie is Lucas' fault more than anyone else's.
Love it. Steven "King Of Hollywood" Spielberg directs a movie at the height of his power and influence, and somehow it's still Luca$' fault. Go watch the Powers plane scene in Bridge of Spies and tell me again how Spielberg's goofiness isn't evident all over Crystal Skull.

He also won't make movies with NAZIS as villains anymore, so how that's CHILDHOOD RAPIST LUCA$' fault, I dunno.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 pm
Love it. Steven "King Of Hollywood" Spielberg directs a movie at the height of his power and influence, and somehow it's still Luca$' fault.
Spielberg didn't write the movie. Lucas did. Spielberg didn't even want to direct the movie, Lucas (and Ford) roped him into it.

I'm not saying that Spielberg's not shit now, but Lucas is way worse. That movie was like 75% Lucas
Kugelfisch wrote:

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:36 am

Agreed. It had Lucas fingerprints all over it.
George insisted on aliens and wouldn't budge. Making them "interdimensional beings" was a compromise because Spielberg didn't want aliens, even though that's really just semantics. He insisted on that '50s greaser crap.

Spielberg is to blame for hiring Shia and partially to blame for the laziness (didn't want to be away from his family, so they never filmed in any exotic locations beyond Hawaii). Although Lucas probably taught him that Lay-Z Boy style of green screen movie making.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Who gives a shit who wrote it or insisted on what. Spielberg's dumb ass directed it in the laziest, goofiest way possible. HE is the biggest problem with that movie.

Or do we need to post that shitty Lost World scene where the magical black girl gymnastics a Velociraptor out a window? In 1997, a full 11 years before Crystal Skull.

LUCA$$$!!!!!!!1! Everything's your FAULT!!!!!!!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 am

Is some Guestfag trying to white knight Lucas now?
Is Spoony dead yet?