Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:22 am

Speaking of not caring, did you know the trailer for The Acolyte is out?

A very delayed tie-in to their High Republic multi-media project (about a boring era where there is no war and all the Jedi are queer af), this will apparently focus on a murder mystery (can't imagine hack writers fucking this up) and the bad guys actually being the good ones (aka let's pull an Old Luke on the entire Jedi Order I guess).

You know, have you ever stopped and notice that all of these terrible Disney+ shows are just more or less directly named after the main character? Because coming up with evocative titles is hard? This is even spilling over into the movies with the threatened The Mandalorian & Grogu (soon to be followed by The Mandalorian, Grogu, Fett, Ahsoka and That Black Inquisitor, no doubt).

I'm glad this practice didn't start back in the Golden Age of Star Wars video games, otherwise some of my favorite games would be called
  • Kyle
  • Kyle and The Force
  • Kyle and Desann
  • Kyle and Jaden
  • Ace
  • Actually Revan
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:54 pm

>not a single white male Jedi seen
>story will involve a lesbian romance
>Trinity, what are you doing here?
>What the hell is the Squid Game protagonist doing here?
>excessively cheap SFX
>helmed by Weinstein's former assistant
>said former assistant is woke AF + hired writers who hate the source material + publicly admitted she has no idea how to make films
>show is described as "Frozen meets Kill Bill"
>speaking of Frozen, director hints that the lesbian romance in the show is influenced by the former's sibling relationship dynamic
>features a secret coven of witches who value their independence
>"It's about power and who gets to wield it" sounds like a fourth wall confession
>somehow, the killmonger hairdo returned
>amateur cinematography throughout

Par for the course. Also...

I'm surprised the Mouse has yet to turn off comments yet.
EDIT: "Close your eyes" he says, and yet...
SpoilerShow
The collective incompetence of the production team should be a case study. Couldn't even be bothered to fix it in post either.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:14 pm

I find it hard to believe anyone is looking forward to a new Disney+ Star Wars show. Not just this one but any in general. Do those people actually exist?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:19 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:14 pm
I find it hard to believe anyone is looking forward to a new Disney+ Star Wars show. Not just this one but any in general. Do those people actually exist?
The anti-woke culture war grifters are only people who care because they're stuck mentally as children and can't let go of there 80's pop culture.

From my experience people in the real world gave up on Star Wars after TLJ they went to see Solo and ROS but it went in one ear and out the other.