Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rushy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm
Rushy wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 am
I was assuming they'd make a break in the Episodes in favor of a few years of spin-offs(which, from what I understand, this new trilogy actually is)
Nope. The plan is one movie every year. One main series, one spin-off then a main series and so on. Basically what they do with Marvel movies where you get a Thor, then Avengers, then a Hulk and so on ad infinitum.
They might take a one year break at some point. Look forward to spin-offs about every single fucking character ever. You'll get a Star Wars: Boba Fett, Yoda, Chewie, Jar Jar Binks and so on. :lol:
I didn't mean a literal break, I meant a break in the main storyline. Like maybe 3-4 years of spin-offs and then they start the next trilogy.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:41 am

I doubt they could do that without people losing interest.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 am

I'm amazed people have any interest as it stands.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 am

Tell me about it. Whenever I see people actually being excited about new Star Wars movies I can't help but feel that they are putting on a show.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am

I dunno, I still get excited every time. It's just such a fun, iconic and yes, nostalgic universe that going to the cinema every December is a given. Ditto for my friends and family.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Auli wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 pm
I wish they had the balls to make the Darth Jar Jar alternate timeline into canon.
They don't have to because it's already the prime timeline.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 am
Star Wars dying would've been the best option. A movie series doesn't have to go on forever.
I agree, but that doesn't seem to be the way things work anymore. I was watching TV recently and I saw that they were airing TV remakes of Lethal Weapon and The Exorcist. Literally everything remotely popular from the late '70s to the early 90s is being remade.
Fuck, I saw posters of that here in Burgerland, and I honestly couldn't tell if it was serious or not.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm

The reason Star Wars was special was because it was like an event. Normally, you'd get a movie like 3 years apart, which makes it more special because it doesn't happen very often, like the Olympics. Now that they make one every year, it's starts losing it's appeal, at which point you start getting sick of it.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am
I dunno, I still get excited every time. It's just such a fun, iconic and yes, nostalgic universe that going to the cinema every December is a given. Ditto for my friends and family.
I don't understand how it could be exciting to get up off your fat lazy ass every year and sit in a cramped dingy theater with other neckbeards and watch a retread of a garbage popcorn flick from the fucking 70's. This shit's not even worth a pirate.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 pm
Rushy wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am
I don't understand how it could be exciting to get up off your fat lazy ass every year and sit in a cramped dingy theater with other neckbeards and watch a retread of a garbage popcorn flick from the fucking 70's. This shit's not even worth a pirate.
It must frustrate you when you see people enjoying things they like.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 pm

And least they're going out to see Star Wars instead of MLP.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette