Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm

I must admit that I might not remember the exact reasons as to why Anakin kept on whining, and any time I try to remember specifics from Episode 2 I just see a CGI Yoda bouncing on sand. I hope to God that's normal.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Episode 2 established right away that Obi-Wan and Anakin have a rocky relationship due to how differently they approach things, and it's affected them both. Obi-Wan's way more cynical than he was in Episode 1, and Anakin feels like he's being held back because Obi-Wan is a stickler to the rules. They didn't even want to become a team, it only happened out of respect for Qui-Gon.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 am

At least in the Clone Wars cartoon you saw him develop anger issues, choking people when nobody was looking and going into full-on Punisher mode when Obi-Wan had to fake his death for a secret mission.
Yeah it was not like Anakin was whining about being held back all the time right? And he never had anger issues when he went to those sand people right? You people just erase everything you know about those movies besides your hate in your head. pretty sad.
As I mentioned, in the beginning of 3 he was all over that shit and seemed happy as fuck. He got along better with Obi Wan and all was good, then suddenly the Padme visions and a chat to Palpatine and he is satan.

Again, your looking at the movie on paper and ignoring the execution. Why the hell was Anakin mad at Obi Wan for? He was just being a whiny teenager, WAAAAHH HE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO it's fucking dumb. He needed a better motivation as to why he was being held back, like:

1. Show him training with Obi Wan wanting to learn a new technique
2. Obi Wan says he isn't ready
3. Later on if Anakin knew that technique he could have saved someone in a certain situation or he could have won a fight with it.
4. He has conflict with Obi Wan since he felt like he could have been stronger but Obi Wan is too mucj of a perfectionist with his training.

Instead it's FUCK YOU OBI WAN, YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD!!!
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Episode 2 established right away that Obi-Wan and Anakin have a rocky relationship due to how differently they approach things, and it's affected them both. Obi-Wan's way more cynical than he was in Episode 1, and Anakin feels like he's being held back because Obi-Wan is a stickler to the rules. They didn't even want to become a team, it only happened out of respect for Qui-Gon.
That was from Episode 1. None of the Jedi wanted him. They just did because Qui-Gon assured them he's a special snowflake and his Midichlorian power level was OVER 9,0000.

And man, how much cooler would the prequels be if they where a buddy cop drama?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 pm

I didn't find that motivation for Anakin to become a twat convincing. Too much was skipped and one never really saw the two jedis work together before they started to fall apart. Him being a child in the first and a grown-ass man in the second movie while his love interest didn't age for shit was downright jarring.
The emperor is hilarious, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Are you forgetting Anakin was actually a teenager who hardly was raised?? Of course he is going to get whiny and arrogant and stuff when he finds out he has a lot of power and even might be the most powerful being in the universe without proper guidance. The council were too arrogant and foolish to give him proper guidance so I dont see why you think him acting a like a spoiled uncontrolled teenager is bad, that is exactly what anakin is.
And Palpetine uses this teenage angst against him perfectly.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm

It's still done poorly. Did Anakin even know he was the chosen one? I don't remember it being explicitly said to him.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm
It's still done poorly. Did Anakin even know he was the chosen one? I don't remember it being explicitly said to him.
He is there when the council is being told he is unique and might be the most powerful force user around yeah, and I think he is even told before that.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:51 pm
He is there when the council is being told he is unique and might be the most powerful force user around yeah, and I think he is even told before that.
He knows he was only allowed training because Ching Chong convinced them but I think to remember, and I could misremember, that somebody says "the boy mustn't know" or something.
What exactly was the prophecy anyway? That he would bring balance to the force or something?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Balance to the force which he apparently achieved by equalizing the amount of Jedi and Sith in the universe by the end of Episode 3. Except the EU let a lot more survive, as did Rebels which is actually canon or something. Then again there where also more than two Sith, so I dunno what's going on anymore.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm
Are you forgetting Anakin was actually a teenager who hardly was raised?? Of course he is going to get whiny and arrogant and stuff when he finds out he has a lot of power and even might be the most powerful being in the universe without proper guidance. The council were too arrogant and foolish to give him proper guidance so I dont see why you think him acting a like a spoiled uncontrolled teenager is bad, that is exactly what anakin is.
And Palpetine uses this teenage angst against him perfectly.
I don't think he was raised that much differently from the other Younglings. Sure, he was "too old", but the dude was born into shitty slavery, and came across rather humble in Episode 1 as a result.
-Yours Truly