Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
sigh

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by sigh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:18 am
The story is all kind of empty and retarded when you think about it afterwards. I don't know what the purpose of it all was.
After initial reactions cooled off, what struck me was a realization that this movie at least most of it is not like a main star wars movie. It rather is a bunch of unrelated side stories that in OT times would happen between the movies and be mentioned using just a one line in the opening crawl. They fucked up making it a straight up continuation, because it never feels like a two-/multipart story. Moreover they intentionally break the convention dropping all the plotlines from the first movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 am

They should've really just made a TV show if they can't into actual movies.
Liar Revealed wrote:
I don't know why it's so hard to make Star Wars movies, but apparently it is. They're making similar mistakes that George Lucas made with the prequels. Both of these trilogies just fiddlefarted around for the first two episodes and got written into a corner where they have to actually DO SOMETHING, and a lot of it, in the final film.
Making a trilogy sounds all fine and dandy until you realize you have to actually put effort into each of the three movies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:27 pm

But they ARE making a live action TV show.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Then they might have seen the error of their ways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Ha ha.... you poor bastard.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm

sigh wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am
Liar Revealed wrote:
The story is all kind of empty and retarded when you think about it afterwards. I don't know what the purpose of it all was.
After initial reactions cooled off, what struck me was a realization that this movie at least most of it is not like a main star wars movie. It rather is a bunch of unrelated side stories that in OT times would happen between the movies and be mentioned using just a one line in the opening crawl. They fucked up making it a straight up continuation, because it never feels like a two-/multipart story. Moreover they intentionally break the convention dropping all the plotlines from the first movie.
That's exactly how I felt. The plot feels like something from Issue #39 of some random Star Wars comic that came out in 1994, not the plot of a main series episode.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
This movie really isn't worth fighting over.

I finally saw it for real in the theater last weekend with family. Nothing is really gained on a second viewing. At best you know when the stupid stuff is going to happen and you prepare for it. It's so very "meh" as opposed to the prequels which were jaw-droppingly awful.

I don't know why it's so hard to make Star Wars movies, but apparently it is. They're making similar mistakes that George Lucas made with the prequels. Both of these trilogies just fiddlefarted around for the first two episodes and got written into a corner where they have to actually DO SOMETHING, and a lot of it, in the final film.
lol?? The prequals are 200 times better than this disney garbage, yes all 3 of the prequals are better than any of the 3 disney movies. Can be objectively proven too.

And its not hard to make SW movies at all. Why do you think this? Just because disney cant do it atm? Name one good film out of hollywood the past 20 years please. Its not that they cant make SW movies, they cant create a single decent movie anymore because both the writers and audience are near retarded these days.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:32 pm
Ha ha.... you poor bastard.
Just you wait. A Game of Jar-Jars will redeem the franchise.
-Yours Truly

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:17 pm

I might actually be on board with thinking the prequels were better, too. The prequels at least told a coherent story, albeit a shitty one, and clearly had a plan from the beginning. This Disney trilogy is just a cluster fuck.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

One more (probably final?) story about TLJ getting destroyed in China, this time by Jumanji. Starring a kinda-black guy.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ns-1074677
お前はもう死んでいる。