Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by Rushy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Star Wars anything is breaking news these days, tbh... it's the biggest franchise in the world, for better or for worse.
As for Abrams... meh. I liked VII well enough, but they're clearly done with auteur talent and playing it safe. And if Johnson's film is as good as it's promised to be(work with me here), then there's a big chance that Abrams can ruin it by being too predictable.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Abrams hasn't made a legitimately good film ever. The reboot/remake of New Hope is his best movie so far and it's middling or fair to be generous. It didn't fill me with rage or anything. Better than the prequels but worse than all of the main movies, including Jedi. 6/10 you get a C- for originality.

If JJ makes another of these things, he'll have to come up with something more than ripping off fucking old shit we've already seen. I better not see any goddamn Ewoks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Maybe he'll give us small cat critters this time around.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 pm
I better not see any goddamn Ewoks.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07- ... backstory/
I wouldn't rule them out yet.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:52 pm

The Last Jedi has potential. I'm seeing it with an open mind.

What's killing me is the Gray Jedi fags.

It's nothing more than a fan wank that's gotten WAY out of hand.

I don't want morally ambiguous trans gender lesbians who can shoot Sith Lightning while calling themselves "good".

Even then, I can get on board, especially thanks to things like KoTOR 2 doing this so well, but we need a different name than "Gray Jedi". For fucks sake, name it something interesting.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm

"Gray Jedi" is lame considering there's nothing called "Black Jedi", unless you go with the EU term of "Dark Jedi" for everyone who basically is a Sith, but hasn't joined the Sith club. And they've already shown some sort of creative naming with this "Knights of Ren" thing, whatever that exactly is.

I dunno, call them "Skywalkers" or something.

And my favorite bit of good guys shooting lightning is the Jedi Academy game. You could load up on all dark side powers, and they'd do nothing to prevent you from picking the good ending.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm
"Gray Jedi" is lame considering there's nothing called "Black Jedi", unless you go with the EU term of "Dark Jedi" for everyone who basically is a Sith, but hasn't joined the Sith club. And they've already shown some sort of creative naming with this "Knights of Ren" thing, whatever that exactly is.

And my favorite bit of good guys shooting lightning is the Jedi Academy game. You could load up on all dark side powers, and they'd do nothing to prevent you from picking the good ending.
I name KotOR 2 because it explored the philosophy of the Jedi along side that of the Sith in a questioning and critical way.

The player character was basically the start of a new and enlightened Jedi Order that accepted the Force wasn't just the Light Side. That was good story telling.

It had elements of detaching from The Force''s will and CHOOSING to make your own path, independent of what the Force wanted, and that being ok.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:23 pm

I name KotOR 2 because it explored the philosophy of the Jedi along side that of the Sith in a questioning and critical way.

The player character was basically the start of a new and enlightened Jedi Order that accepted the Force wasn't just the Light Side. That was good story telling.

It had elements of detaching from The Force''s will and CHOOSING to make your own path, independent of what the Force wanted, and that being ok.
Unfortunastely Lucas happened
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:56 pm

The Gay Jedi shit doesn't even have that philosophy of independence and free will. It's just another dogma to live by. No wonder millenials love it.... it's just leftism in space!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Jedi and Sith are cisside scum. Embrace the Trans-Side of the Force.

(Or they could just call themselves the "Chaotic Neutrals")
-Yours Truly