Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Auli wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 pm
George always had the prequels in mind. I remember him talking vaguely about it on one of the Original Trilogy VHS'.
That's just something he claimed to make the whole thing appear more epic.

I don't even think he planned out the original trilogy from the start. Can you imagine any Imperial officer outside of Episode IV talking smack to the freak in black armor who can choke you from across starships, commands a fuckhuge ship himself and happens to be Emperor's right hand man?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Everyone gives the prequels shit cuz OMG IT"S NOT AS GOOD AS MAD MAX-LESS: FURIOUS PERIOD! but at least it tried something new. George practically dragged Hollywood into the digital age, and while the movies aren't very good they are miles better than nuStar Wars. The pod race and Darth Maul duel still hold up, and most of the CG from 19-fucking-99 is better than what we saw in Farce Awakens.

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Nope. I don't even feel the need to refute this point again because I already did. There was nothing "new" or "original" or even anything remotely ambitious about the prequel trilogy.

Face it, if Disney had made the prequels in exactly the same way Lucas did with the same story, actors and visuals, would you be defending them? No. Lucas having his name attached is the only reason dumb fanboys give these things a pass.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:43 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 pm
I don't even think he planned out the original trilogy from the start.
Of course he didn't. He didn't plan for Vader to be Luke's father and he sure as hell didn't plan for Leia to be Luke's sister. The whole thing reeks of 'I made it up as I went along'.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm

And he certainly didn't plan all that clone nonsense for that one bounty hunter that got oddly popular.

And the prequels might've been less derivative of the original, but they gave us Jar-Jar. qed.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:09 pm

TheProgressive wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:41 pm
Nope. I don't even feel the need to refute this point again because I already did. There was nothing "new" or "original" or even anything remotely ambitious about the prequel trilogy.

Face it, if Disney had made the prequels in exactly the same way Lucas did with the same story, actors and visuals, would you be defending them? No. Lucas having his name attached is the only reason dumb fanboys give these things a pass.
No one's giving them a pass, you dumb cunt. They're saying they aren't as bad as the current movies and aren't the terrible abominations all you Red Letter fags think they are. Oh, some dick on the internet made a 10-hour review about dumb they are? That and five dollars will get you a Big Mac meal.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:10 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:01 pm
And he certainly didn't plan all that clone nonsense for that one bounty hunter that got oddly popular.

And the prequels might've been less derivative of the original, but they gave us Jar-Jar. qed.
Porgs.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:09 pm
TheProgressive wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:41 pm

No one's giving them a pass, you dumb cunt. They're saying they aren't as bad as the current movies and aren't the terrible abominations all you Red Letter fags think they are. Oh, some dick on the internet made a 10-hour review about dumb they are? That and five dollars will get you a Big Mac meal.
This is still contrarianism. 7 is boring and dull but the prequels are straight up bad. Pretending that RLM are somehow wrong is something you fucks from /tv/ have conjured up lately since no one contradicted their view before 7 came out.

Get over RLM not shitting on 7 hard enough, the prequels are still shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Wait, are people acting like everyone LIKED the prequels before RLM did those videos?

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 pm

IKR. As I actually pointed out, 8-14 yo me thought that the prequel trilogy was embarrasing trash when I watched it. Mark Kermode put Episode 1 amoung his most hated movies ever and I doubt he's even bloody heard of RLM.

They are objectively worse movies in every single way. The writing is worse, the effects are worse, the acting is worse, the direction and cinematography are worse. The story was also unoriginal and not "trying something new". And as I pointed out, if they weren't a Lucas product these dumbass fanboys wouldn't be leaping on the defensive.