Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Battlecuck 2 already tried microtransactions and then panic-deleted them after the internet blew up with rage. EA is incapable of not being greedy. They've killed countless creative teams with their greed and they'll continue to.

But hey, if dumb gamers keep buying the games, they deserve to get their wallets raped.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Because EA.
The shitstorm surrounding that game apparently got the governments of Australia, Belgium, and Hawaii involved concerning whether or not lootboxes fall under gambling.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 pm

EA still being in business is living proof that gaymurs are cucks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm

I edited my post.

It's free, apparently.

But I know they wanted it to cost something and they had planned to have it priced. Guess some countries banning it because of the boxes being "gambling" kinda made them switch some gears.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 pm
I dunno, even if real gaymurs didn't buy their shit, they'd still be in business due to the abundance of fucking idiots who buy EA Sports games every year and insist that it's not the same fucking game.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I dunno, even if real gaymurs didn't buy their shit, they'd still be in business due to the abundance of fucking idiots who buy EA Sports games every year and insist that it's not the same fucking game.
Lel, exactly. Last EA game I bought was Dead Space 2. After that, zilch. I can't justify giving those assholes money anymore.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Kind of, but also not really.

EA has insane, pie-in-the-sky sales projections. When their shit doesn't live up to their sales projections, they fire everyone and close down the studio. Sure, your little boycott isn't going to do shit to let EA know you don't like Madden or 2K or whatever, but boycotting Mirror's Edge or Dead Space 3 sure the fuck will close down those studios! :lol:

I think Battlefront is kind of in the middle. Star Wars is a very big property, but star wars GAMES are a little more niche than NBA or American Football if we're talking about normie audiences. There are plenty of star wars games that "failed."

Ultimately, boycotting is all you can do anyway. It's the only thing that makes a difference in a capitalist society. Just don't be a moralfag who has to keyboard warrior about it all the time.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Except they actually get exactly what they wanted. The loads of guys who only ever get the yearly CoD and Madden/FIFA know what they are doing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Lel, exactly. Last EA game I bought was Dead Space 2. After that, zilch. I can't justify giving those assholes money anymore.
Mine was either Mass Effect 3 or Kingdoms of Amamanallur.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:43 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 pm
EA has insane, pie-in-the-sky sales projections. When their shit doesn't live up to their sales projections, they fire everyone and close down the studio. Sure, your little boycott isn't going to do shit to let EA know you don't like Madden or 2K or whatever, but boycotting Mirror's Edge or Dead Space 3 sure the fuck will close down those studios! :lol:
The weird thing is that the only person I know of who buys the yearly editions of Madden is a Japanese guy who mostly plays old action games and FPS's. He strikes me as the last person who would get into Madden (then again, his gaming taste is pretty westernized).