Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
TheProgressive

Re: Star Whores: Diverse Agenda

Post by TheProgressive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:15 am

I'll be seeing the new film tomorrow. It's clear why it will make money, anyway. With the cheap ass tickets I get on a Monday, my friends and I often go to the cinema. Looking at the listings, my choices were Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars, ONE showing of Daddy's Home 2 and Murder on the Orient Express, and Star Wars.

Seriously, there's a showing every 30 minutes. Even the Avengers didn't monopolise the schedule this much. It's no wonder that casual but frequent cinema goers will end up seeing the damn film, regardless of how excited people actually are for the thing.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 am

OK, this kind of shit is what tricked me into going back to see Phantom Menace again in the theaters. A whole bunch of us felt empty and unsatisfied after seeing it and there were cunts on the internet like this guy saying this exact same shit. "Oh, but it's so deep and there's so much going on that you need to see it several times to take it all in. You just got overwhelmed at couldn't process it all." And I was young and stupid and fell for it because the concept of a BAD Star Wars movie was so foreign in 1999.

This Pirate Spaceship guy has an old, outdated schtick. If you have to be told how to enjoy a movie when going in, then it probably isn't any good.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 am

Didn't Disnet try to make a deal with theatres about something? Maybe that's why only Star Wars is showing all the fucking time? And no time for Ferdinand?

http://mashable.com/2017/11/01/star-war ... Ccm2.xwOqp

Edit:
U.S. theater owners are required to run the movie for four weeks without skipping a single screening if they want to avoid that penalty. They also have to run specific marketing promotions for the film exactly when Disney wants, and not a day early.
Disney is basically holding a gun to theaters heads.

Edit 2:

Maybe the reason for they wanting it to be shown shitloads, is because they knew the movie wasn't any good, so they try to squeeze every tiny bit of money from it to increase earnings before New Year.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 am

Second, you must understand that this is not a Star Wars movie, this is a space drama with Star Wars characters in it.
As opposed to the other seven Star Wars movies that just happen to be space dramas. :roll:

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 am

Auli wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 am
Didn't Disnet try to make a deal with theatres about something? Maybe that's why only Star Wars is showing all the fucking time? And no time for Ferdinand?
I actually wanted to see Ferdinand, but the only showing after work hours was ridiculously late so that idea was dropped very quick.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 am

Auli wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:44 am

Edit 2:

Maybe the reason for they wanting it to be shown shitloads, is because they knew the movie wasn't any good, so they try to squeeze every tiny bit of money from it to increase earnings before New Year.
The more showtimes they squeeze in before trickle-down bad press gets out from word of mouth, the more money they make. I don't know how this movie will end up being received globally, but I SUSPECT it'll be regarded worse than force awakens and the criticisms will end up a lot more accepted by the mainstream. It's not as simple as "muh feminism" for why the movie looks so fucking shitty. That Leia thing, the Frank Oz phoned in performance with a shit muppet, Luke's shitty character turn, killing off half the cast, never explaining wtf Snoke is about, Phasma redshirt lel and so much more.

Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature. Could be they're only trying to capitalize off typical opening week fervor. Or it could be that the climate right now is paid shills dominate the conversation.

People always forget that phantom menace and episode III were both received very positively by critics aka paid shills at the time. It was only later that audiences got the opinion spread far and wide about how shit the prequels were. And for a long time after Episode 3 came out, the party line was "this one is actually good."

But it's not. It's fucking shit like all the others. Worse because it's so goddamn boring and edgelord dark.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 am

I remember that. People talk about how Rey was a Mary Sue like this was a new thing when the Phantom Menace literally had Anakin as a boy genius who was the chosen one and used the midochlorian thing to explain how he was inherently better than any other jedi ever. And he even foils the invasion single-handedly and by accident.

I wasn't surprised at all when Rey was just an older, gender-swapped version (because gender-swapping is what hollywood considers progressive and/or innovative now, I think it is as much laziness and lack of imagination as it is SJWism).

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 am

TheProgressive wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 am
I remember that. People talk about how Rey was a Mary Sue like this was a new thing when the Phantom Menace literally had Anakin as a boy genius who was the chosen one and used the midochlorian thing to explain how he was inherently better than any other jedi ever. And he even foils the invasion single-handedly and by accident.
Don't forget the whole Space Jesus allegory by making him the son of a virgin.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 am

The difference between Rey and Anakin is that they actually explained why Anakin was so powerful (yeah, high midichloians count, whether you like it or not, and I don't). Rey being powerful with the Force and being able to use it perfectly despite not being trained to use it at all is never explained. Neither is her apparent efficiency with a lightsaber. Anakin at least needed training from Obi-Wan. Rey needs no one despite seeming to "need" Luke in Last Jedi. She clearly already knew everything in Force Awakens. No training or guidance needed, nigga!
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 am

That pussy came loaded with jedi training dood.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome