Doctor Who (The Fuck Is This Series Aimed At Anymore?)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Doctor Who (The Fuck Is This Series Aimed At Anymore?)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 pm

I watched a Doctor Who once. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I watched an old Tom Baker episode. It was terrible. Tom Baker himself was fine, but the whole thing had such shitty production value that it really was like watching a school play or something. This is what the BBC spend our money on. I've also caught glimpses of the newer Doctor Whos and they really aren't much better.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:58 pm

And you gotta be a real capeshit enthusiast to endure this for more than a season, cause they really like to come up with convoluted reasons with which to defeat and then bring back the classic Who villains, like Nazi Trashcans and Derpy Borgs.

Now that I think about it, I would like a big, dumb, overproduced-while-missing-the-point Hollywood reboot of Doctor Who, just to see the autistic rage that will ensue when these folks at Hollywood dare to replace the Dalek design with something that actually looks threatening.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:58 pm
And you gotta be a real capeshit enthusiast to endure this for more than a season, cause they really like to come up with convoluted reasons with which to defeat and then bring back the classic Who villains, like Nazi Trashcans and Derpy Borgs.

Now that I think about it, I would like a big, dumb, overproduced-while-missing-the-point Hollywood reboot of Doctor Who, just to see the autistic rage that will ensue when these folks at Hollywood dare to replace the Dalek design with something that actually looks threatening.
There was one movie ithink made by Fox maybe that was like a premier for a show that never happened, the fans didn't like it
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:27 pm

I remember reading that one of the Doctors was updated for the '90s. He'd kill people and spout Bond one liners. The fans didn't like it but I personally think that sounds fucking awesome.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 pm
I watched a Doctor Who once. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about so I watched an old Tom Baker episode. It was terrible. Tom Baker himself was fine, but the whole thing had such shitty production value that it really was like watching a school play or something. This is what the BBC spend our money on. I've also caught glimpses of the newer Doctor Whos and they really aren't much better.
Spoken like someone who only likes Michael Bay films. So what if the special effects were shit? It's about the writing.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm
Spoken like someone who only likes Michael Bay films. So what if the special effects were shit? It's about the writing.
1) I hate Michael Bay
2)The writing was shit too
3) You don't have to be the kind person who expects an explosion a minute to want decent production value
Kugelfisch wrote:

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 pm
Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 pm
1) I hate Michael Bay
2)The writing was shit too
3) You don't have to be the kind person who expects an explosion a minute to want decent production value
You never seen an episode of the Tom Baker era if you thought the writing was shit. One of the reasons Tom Baker was so loved was that was when the writing really got its shit together.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Stranger wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am
It surprises me how long Doctor Who has been a thing. The show is terrible.
I think Doctor Who was one of those shows that was produced entirely through focus testing in the 60's, like Scooby Doo. It appeals to kids and some other lowest common denominator so they can keep pumping it out for every generation.

Forky

Post by Forky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Guys! My Little Pony isn't kiddy shit! It's about the writing! The fucking writing shitlords!!!!!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Forky wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 pm
Guys! My Little Pony isn't kiddy shit! It's about the writing! The fucking writing shitlords!!!!!
Better a writing shitlord than a production values shitlord, cuck.
da PAC Nigguh wrote: