It's NATIVE AMERICAN not Indian, racist fucks!

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rien A Perdre

It's NATIVE AMERICAN not Indian, racist fucks!

Post by Rien A Perdre » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 pm

What is this shit? Most notably in Spider-Boy, where someone mentions Indians and is immediately corrected by a fucking construction worker. I was watching Billions last night, a show full of sex, drugs, and beautiful foul language, and some hardass mentions Indians and his hardass subordinate immediately gets this wistful look and chokes out, "Native Americans."

Jesus Christ. Is this the new leftist front? Couldn't take down the Washington Redskins so we are going to turn a widely accepted term, accepted even by the "natives" themselves, into some racist crusade.

Just check out any youtube video about Indians. There will always be some pasty cocksucker from the UK who comments, "Why are they called Indians? The proper (non-racist) term is Native American or Aboriginals." I don't know about you, but if I was native and some shit called me an aboriginal I'd slap that cunt right in the mouth.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: It's NATIVE AMERICAN not Indian, racist fucks!

Post by Charlar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Rien A Perdre wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:18 pm
What is this shit? Most notably in Spider-Boy, where someone mentions Indians and is immediately corrected by a fucking construction worker. I was watching Billions last night, a show full of sex, drugs, and beautiful foul language, and some hardass mentions Indians and his hardass subordinate immediately gets this wistful look and chokes out, "Native Americans."

Jesus Christ. Is this the new leftist front? Couldn't take down the Washington Redskins so we are going to turn a widely accepted term, accepted even by the "natives" themselves, into some racist crusade.

Just check out any youtube video about Indians. There will always be some pasty cocksucker from the UK who comments, "Why are they called Indians? The proper (non-racist) term is Native American or Aboriginals." I don't know about you, but if I was native and some shit called me an aboriginal I'd slap that cunt right in the mouth.
Slowpoke.jpg
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Forky

Post by Forky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:09 am

Memos have been dispatched.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am

I don't like the term Indian referring to a Native American because there's an actual place called India where people are referred to as Indians.

It's confusing. I like to not be confused. For me it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with clarification. I still catch myself calling them Indians, now and again, though, because of being raised with that being the most used term.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Forky

Post by Forky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:53 am

That's what they are called, though, that or their tribal name. You can call them American Indians if you like, but Native American is a stupid description for obvious reasons.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I don't find using Native American to refer to American Indians as obnoxious as using African American to refer to Black Americans. Largely because their being called Indians in the first place is erroneous. I think it came about because Columbus thought he was much farther east than he really was.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Stranger wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am
I don't like the term Indian referring to a Native American because there's an actual place called India where people are referred to as Indians.

It's confusing. I like to not be confused. For me it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with clarification. I still catch myself calling them Indians, now and again, though, because of being raised with that being the most used term.
Pretty much, yeah. It'd be like if the term "black people" was a shared descriptor for two different groups, one of which didn't even have dark skin.

Native Americans aren't from India. We can call them injuns or redskins or native americans or first nations. Whatever. But they're not Indians. Indians are people from India.

If a burger uses the term "indian," then you can kind of guess which group they are referring to, but if a euro says it, they probably mean the other one. So it's confusing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Or you have an euro nation like Germany that actually bothered to make a different name for both ("Indianer" for Native Americans, "Inder" for actual Indians; not entirely sure why the fake Indians are closer to the English spelling, but what do I know about linguistics).

(Also "American Indian" is confusing as it could technically refer to an Indian whose parents migrated from America for some reason.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:52 pm
(Also "American Indian" is confusing as it could technically refer to an Indian whose parents migrated from America for some reason.)
Well, that was a Simpsons joke.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Forky

Post by Forky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Spotter a similar situation in a Gatorade ad on ESPN last night. Bunch of high school basketballers putting tape over their 'Indians' team jerseys then posing tough like they just caused world peace or some shit. Libs are really into Injuns now.